HxC Floppy Emulator Rev. F - Drive A (DF0:) and B (DF1:)

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
AC/DC HACKER!

HxC Floppy Emulator Rev. F - Drive A (DF0:) and B (DF1:)

Post by AC/DC HACKER! »

Hello Jeff,

I've had the drive for a while, and I've posted before. This time I thought I'd ask or request something else. I recently realized how firmware 1.8.2.40 functions with Drive A (DF0:) and B (DF1:). The DIP switches are fine but there's a bug(?) in firmware 1.8.2.40 that if DF1: is active then DF0: and DF1: "fight" over which one is going to read it, which causes a prompt to insert disk after it's been active for a for moments. I'm using my Amiga 4000.

The work-around I found is to pick AUTOBOOT.HFE as though it's a normal disk, like a game, I want to have selected in Drive A (DF0:) and leave Drive B (DF1:) empty. Functions very well, and not anymore "Please insert ...." you get the idea. If the DIP switches are set to only activate DF0: then this doesn't happen and AUTOBOOT.HFE used as per normal. Maybe you've already come across this and fixed it? I look around some but didn't see it.

On to something I noticed.. It's been a while since I've checked for updates. I came across SDCard_HxCFloppyEmulator_beta_firmware 1.8.6.15a. I wish version numbers where in the archive filename, but anyway, I thought I'd give it a go. I don't know what any of the changes are but aside from that it seems to be working all right, I haven't checked it much yet, but the mounting of DF0: and DF1: automatically is gone. I see "Disk 2" of a 2 disk game showing in the display...but disk 2 isn't being accessed from DF1: like it did with firmware 1.8.2.40. Even from Workbench, only 1 disk a displayed. CPU NoCache or not.

That's about as far as I've gotten without much usage yet. Is there something I'm missing? All I did was update the firmware...have Not changed any config settings. Other than to select a multi-disk game. :) Is the a particular way to press one of the 3 buttons now or did it break in an update?

Thanks, Jeff.

AC/DC HACKER!

Re: HxC Floppy Emulator Rev. F - Drive A (DF0:) and B (DF1:)

Post by AC/DC HACKER! »

Meanwhile..also, I disable DF1: via the Amiga program and the request for "Insert Disk..." doesn't happen. So I'm leaving the DIPs switches active for DF0: and DF1:, and might for all 4 drives. I that those being included. Highest amount of Amiga floppies were 3 drives, with DF0: being HD compatible.

I figured I'd add an update.