Problem with file selector scrolling up all the time

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
ppieczul

Problem with file selector scrolling up all the time

Post by ppieczul »

Hi,
I use Gotek drive with FW v3.0.33.3a and HxC Floppy Emulator file selector v1.65a

There is a weird problem on one of Amiga 600: the file selection screen starts ok but the highlighted position is permanently scrolling up, like the up-arrow key was pressed on the keyboard all the time.

Now, why this is weird:
- the keyboard functions correctly, i.e. I can use other apps, for example workbench and every key works fine
- the problem does not occur on my other Amiga 600 nor on Amiga 500 and CDTV on which I use the same drive
- the problem does not depend on Kickstart version
- I also tested selector version 1.14a and the problem exists there too

I am pretty puzzled. Any help highly appreciated. Here is a video of the problem:
https://youtu.be/F_fkLu0IQqk

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problem with file selector scrolling up all the time

Post by Jeff »

For sure not an issue with the drive or the firmware. This is maybe a joystick input issue. The file selector can be used with the joystick. both joystick ports are working properly ?

ppieczul

Post by ppieczul »

Ah yes! I have figured out in the meantime also from the code that the menu can be operated with a joystick - I have never used a joystick for it.
I just replaced one of the capacitors on the board and it works all fine now. Thank you very much.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

nice. all capacitors of all a600 in the world should be replaced :wink: :lol: