SD HXC rev C SDCard init error

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
mfaircloth

SD HXC rev C SDCard init error

Post by mfaircloth »

I have successfully installed the bootstrap using SecSerialBridge into the PIC, but when I go to install the "HXCFE_V1_8_6_14a.upd" firmware from a freshly formatted Fat32 SD card, I power on with L/R buttons down and get solid power and floppy access leds and a rapidly flashing SD card access light, then it flashes slower for 14 blinks, then the 2 slow repeating blinks. The display is blank. Using a 5v, 1amp power source. I have tried several different new/old SDHC cards from 4, 8, 16GB. Any suggestions?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD HXC rev C SDCard init error

Post by Jeff »

mfaircloth wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 am
I have successfully installed the bootstrap using SecSerialBridge into the PIC, but when I go to install the "HXCFE_V1_8_6_14a.upd" firmware from a freshly formatted Fat32 SD card, I power on with L/R buttons down and get solid power and floppy access leds and a rapidly flashing SD card access light, then it flashes slower for 14 blinks, then the 2 slow repeating blinks. The display is blank. Using a 5v, 1amp power source. I have tried several different new/old SDHC cards from 4, 8, 16GB. Any suggestions?
The sd card can't be initialized. This seems to be an hardware failure. Please check that the internal 3.3V is fine and that the SD socket is correctly soldered + that all resistors are the good one and correctly mounted.

mfaircloth

Re: SD HXC rev C SDCard init error

Post by mfaircloth »

Fixed! Resistor R9 failed to reflow completely.

Thanks for your suggestions.