HxC floppy emulator init_fdc drive 1 error

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Unique

HxC floppy emulator init_fdc drive 1 error

Post by Unique »

Hi all,

After a lot of bashing of head against a wall and some help from Jean-Francois I've managed to get my Gotek somewhat workable, but upon trying to get the HxC floppy emulator software running, it gets past the Workbench screens and into the app but after a few seconds pops up with:

"ERROR: init_fdc drive 1 -> failure while seeking the track 00!"

I've tried 8 different USB sticks, 3 of which appear to work but all give me the same error.

Any suggestions on what I might try next?

Thanks

Unique

Re: HxC floppy emulator init_fdc drive 1 error

Post by Unique »

Interestingly when used in my 520STFM I get a similar screen with an error:

"ERROR: Can't open HXCSDFE.CFG !"

Am I missing something in the structure? The device seems to work fine (it loads the app after all), I'm just copying the 2 files to the root of the FAT32 and FAT formatted USB drives.... I've run through this like 50 times already and don't seem to be randomly stumbling across the issue...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Unique wrote:Hi all,

After a lot of bashing of head against a wall and some help from Jean-Francois I've managed to get my Gotek somewhat workable, but upon trying to get the HxC floppy emulator software running, it gets past the Workbench screens and into the app but after a few seconds pops up with:

"ERROR: init_fdc drive 1 -> failure while seeking the track 00!"

I've tried 8 different USB sticks, 3 of which appear to work but all give me the same error.

Any suggestions on what I might try next?

Thanks
Probably a floppy ribbon issue, or a bad drive id setting.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Unique wrote:Interestingly when used in my 520STFM I get a similar screen with an error:

"ERROR: Can't open HXCSDFE.CFG !"

Am I missing something in the structure? The device seems to work fine (it loads the app after all), I'm just copying the 2 files to the root of the FAT32 and FAT formatted USB drives.... I've run through this like 50 times already and don't seem to be randomly stumbling across the issue...
if you can make a low level dump of your usb stick, this could help me to understand the issue.