HXC SD Rev C Issues loading games

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
zorkiii

HXC SD Rev C Issues loading games

Post by zorkiii »

I have a HXC SD revision C board that I am using in my Amiga 500, and having some issues loading games. I currently have the AUTOBOOT.HFE running, my Amiga detects this and autoboots to the file selector without any issues. I am seeing the games I have on the SD card that I converted using the floppy emulator software to hfe extension. I arrow down to one and press F7 and the Amiga reboots and I see the game on the LCD of the HXC, but it doesn't load. I'm seeing the T:000/084 on screen under the game name and the 3rd digit of the first set of three digits moves to 1 or 2 and pauses, and then goes back to 0. It never launches the game, or any other games that I'm selecting, it's just showing the workbench/hand icon 1.3 on screen like no disk is in. The jumpers are set as they were when it shipped, I attached an image.

Wondering if there is something I might be missing? The autoboot to the file selector is working, but not loading games. Appreciate any help.
Attachments
amiga.PNG
amiga.PNG (14.85 KiB) Viewed 4906 times

zorkiii

Re: HXC SD Rev C Issues loading games

Post by zorkiii »

I forgot to mention a part of my setup, I have a modified boot selector with two chip sockets for my 8520A-1 chip (I put it together today using directions at this forum post: https://circuit-board.de/forum/index.ph ... 1000-2000/)

I just took this completely out of the equation and plugged the chip directly into the socket, and then the HXC SD C directly into the DF0: drive connector and it's working properly. I was able to launch the games on my card. I will need to research what might be wrong with the hardware boot selector I made.

zorkiii

Post by zorkiii »

Well it was two things, I put the chip in completely backwards (!) and also I had to sand off the notch on the floppy cable connector going to the device and put the cable in the other way around. Now it works proper through DF1. Dumb mistakes but at least I done figured it out!

zorkiii

Post by zorkiii »

I am receiving the following error copying files to my SD card (see screenshots)> My card has enough capacity, it does copy files to it up to about 285mb. Am I missing something?
Attachments
error2.PNG
error2.PNG (5.08 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
error.PNG
error.PNG (24.39 KiB) Viewed 4886 times

zorkiii

Post by zorkiii »

I figured out the issue, for some reason Windows 7 defaulted to format the SD card as FAT rather than FAT32. I didn't catch this apparently. I was able to transfer files to the disk without issues after this, and am able to launch them from the SD card.

zorkiii

Post by zorkiii »

I certainly did just talk to myself here for several days! :wink:

AW99

Post by AW99 »

But you solved all the problems just by yourself. Congratulations. :)