HXC SDcard (original) DF0 and HXC USB Gotek DF1 problem.

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Super_buster

HXC SDcard (original) DF0 and HXC USB Gotek DF1 problem.

Post by Super_buster »

Both units are working fine as DF0 and DF1 , I can boot from both.

The issue is when loading the Host control tool (the software where I can select files images and change the settings as well as 'disks' attached to the unit).

If the Host control tool is started (booted) either from DF0 or DF1 the software will try to access both units at the same time, the only solution is to turn off the amiga, disconnect the drive that I do not want to change any disks on.

Once I have changed the settings/disks etc. with just one drive on the amiga, I can use both at the same time without problems, change disks with buttons etc, it is just the host control tool that does not work with two HxC drives at the same time.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HXC SDcard (original) DF0 and HXC USB Gotek DF1 problem.

Post by Jeff »

Which switches setting are you using ?

Super_buster

Post by Super_buster »

Jeff wrote:Which switches setting are you using ?

DF0:
HXC SD (hardware rev C), uses twisted cable, then ID3 set for drive A, no other jumers set. works fine as DF0.

DF1:
Gotek HXC, jumper set for S1 (DF1), it is build into an external Amiga floppy case, and connected to my A500 external floppy port.

If choose to load the Host control tool (boot df1 disk '00') all kinds of weird stuff goes on
on the display of the DF1 HXC unit :-) when the software tries to access the 'HxC part of the unit'
It is only when both units are connected and when the Host control tool(from any of the drives) tries to 'talk' to the HxC hardware. Everything else works fine.

Super_buster

Post by Super_buster »

Super_buster wrote:
Jeff wrote:Which switches setting are you using ?

DF0:
HXC SD (hardware rev C), uses twisted cable, then ID3 set for drive A, no other jumers set. works fine as DF0.

DF1:
Gotek HXC, jumper set for S1 (DF1), it is build into an external Amiga floppy case, and connected to my A500 external floppy port.

If choose to load the Host control tool (boot df1 disk '00') all kinds of weird stuff goes on
on the display of the DF1 HXC unit :-) when the software tries to access the 'HxC part of the unit'
It is only when both units are connected and when the Host control tool(from any of the drives) tries to 'talk' to the HxC hardware. Everything else works fine.
'on the display of the DF1 HXC unit' should read 'on the display of the DF0 HXC unit'.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I am not sure to well understand the problem, but for the moment the manager doesn't support 2 SD HxC emulator on the same system.

and btw please show me your twisted floppy ribbon.