Can't load ADF images

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
soopytwist

Can't load ADF images

Post by soopytwist »

In among all the technical details of the HxC Rev F it says it supports ADF disk images yet when I try to load one it says "Bad File", I have to convert my ADF's to HFE's instead. This is why I bought the HxC Rev F so I didn't have to convert all my damn files.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Can't load ADF images

Post by Jeff »

Then you have miss-read the whole technical details... The only directly supported format is HFE.

AW99

Post by AW99 »

Don`t worry Soopytwist. A fast PC can convert the whole Amiga-Game-TOSEC (all available Diskfiles) in about 2 or 3 hours and you only need to do it one time. And all folder-structures also stays alive like they was before. So it`s really not a problem.

And it has another advantage. On the Gotek with HxC-firmware also adf`s run, but not all of them. In hfe-format all files work, no matter if they was a game-savedisk in a strange extended-adf format or something like that. So also on the Gotek, in my opinion, it`s faster to let the HxC-software auto-convert all the files in one motion, than seeking out savedisks or other incompatible adf`s by hand from the TOSEC-archiv and only convert these. And ipf`s anyway needs to be converted to hfe.

soopytwist

Post by soopytwist »

Jeff wrote:Then you have miss-read the whole technical details... The only directly supported format is HFE.
Is that a fact?

What's this then? (from eBay listing):

List of supported file images type:

ST, MSA, ADF, ADZ, DMZ, CPC DSK (standard and extended)
CopyQM DSK, Oric DSK, IMG, SMC,MSX DSK, IMD, Zx Spectrum DSK, BetaDisk TRD,
BetaDisk SCL, Thomson TO8D SAP, Thomson TO8D FD, PC88 D88, x68000 HDM (beta), x68000 XDF (beta), custom raw floppy geometry…
An AmigaDOS or FAT12 floppy disk image can also be generated from spares files.

If that's miss-reading the technical details then I must fucking stupid.

Go here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SDF-HXC-Flopp ... SwxH1UKGQ9
If you think I just made that up.

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Calm down mate, that attitude will get you nowhere.

From the manual:

The SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator is an universal floppy drive emulator based on
SD/SDHC memory card.
To use it you need :
- A computer/device/sampler/keyboard with a Shugart or PC compatible floppy disk
drive interface.
- An SD or SDHC memory card (from 64MB up to 32GB).
- A PC to pre-process/prepare floppy file images and copy them on the SDCard.

As for your LCD, check that the ribbon cable is fully seated. It took me a while to re seat mine, it seems like it's fully inserted when in fact it's not.

And just for the record; I never told you to remove it, I suggested you remove if, (albeit very carefully). I see that you also hacked the case to fit the whole drive in, very professional :(