ipf_hfe files converted back to ipf`s and then to hfe-rev2 ?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
AW99

ipf_hfe files converted back to ipf`s and then to hfe-rev2 ?

Post by AW99 »

I have a question to JEFF.

My HxC i bought some years ago and at that time i converted all my ipf`s to hfe format. Because this was some years ago, the HxC converter-software was not so much developped as it was now. I also realized this, because some of my ipf`s which was converted with older version of the converter-tool dont worked with my HxC. But after converting them with newest version of converter-tool, they worked.

Second thing is, that JEFF wrote here in the forum, that "hfe rev 2" format is better to use for ipf`s.

So this are two good reasons, why it make sense, to convert this ipf`s again with newest version. Problem is, that i only could find this ipf`s in hfe-format and not the original ipf`s. I remember, that i had them somewhere on a DVD and searched for this, but could not find it.

This means, that i now must do the following:
- convert all my old hfe`s back to ipf`s with the converter-tool
- then convert them all again to hfe`s, but with newest version of converter-tool and in "hfe rev 2"

Now i have two questions about this:

(1) when i convert this old hfe`s back to ipf`s is it better then, to use the old convertertool-version, which i used for converting them or can i also use the newest version to do this

(2) when i convert a ipf_hfe, which dont worked on the HxC, back to a ipf, is the file then corrupt? I know that some ipf`s have copy-protection, which dont work until now in hfe-format. Does this also mean, when i convert such a file back in a ipf (from hfe), that it then had error. I must know this, because when this is the case, i can not do it in this way and then i must again search for my original ipf-DVD and hope i will find it

AW99

Re: ipf_hfe files converted back to ipf`s and then to hfe-re

Post by AW99 »

Can you give a short answer, JEFF.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

AW99 wrote:Can you give a short answer, JEFF.
you have to find the ipf unfortunately...

AW99

Post by AW99 »

Found it. After long searching, this ipf-DVD emerged again. :)

I will now transform all ipf`s in "hfe rev 2" with V2.1.4.0 of the HxC-software.

Great would be, if sometime all ipf`s could work on the SD-version of the HxC, also the ones, that make problems because of their copy-protection at the moment. Will a 100% ipf-compatibility come in the near future?