Writing hi scores in games hxc slim sd

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
enemy

Writing hi scores in games hxc slim sd

Post by enemy »

I have had a quick search and can't see an answer to this but i just purchased an hxc sd slim and put it into my a1200 as the main drive replacing the original floppy. The problem i have is that the games that save high scores (uridium 2 and super hang on) have problems saving. Hang on says disk error on load or save, uridium 2 just crashes after the high score entry. I obviously have them converted to hfe files as the sd doesnt support adf, is this a known problem or just me? Thanks in advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Writing hi scores in games hxc slim sd

Post by Jeff »

enemy wrote:I have had a quick search and can't see an answer to this but i just purchased an hxc sd slim and put it into my a1200 as the main drive replacing the original floppy. The problem i have is that the games that save high scores (uridium 2 and super hang on) have problems saving. Hang on says disk error on load or save, uridium 2 just crashes after the high score entry. I obviously have them converted to hfe files as the sd doesnt support adf, is this a known problem or just me? Thanks in advance
Sure should work. Can you point me the exact images you are trying ?

enemy

Post by enemy »

many thanks for replying. I have booted workbench and created a folder and that works, I also booted pinball Illusions and that saves the high scores so maybe it is a problem with the versions of the games.

I am running on an a1200.

i cant link direct to the adf but use link below and then scroll down until you see the small disk and click that to download.

link to super hangon

http://thegamearchives.net/?val=0_2_1_0 ... 97_0_0_0_0

I will try a few other versions of Uridium 2 first and then post one of the versions links if I cant get it to work.

again ... many thanks.

enemy

Post by enemy »

Just an update ... found a version of uridium 2 that works fine and saves hiscores so really looking like versions of games then. I will try all the versions of super hangon and try relokick to get them to work on the a1200 and see if any save and load of high scores ... maybe all hacked versions had problems with saving and loading scores, really not sure all these years later

enemy

Post by enemy »

Another update .... all cracked versions of super hang on i have tried (about 6) do not load or save high scores .. at least under emulation on winuae anyway... cant try on real hardware as not opening the amiga and writing the disks out as cant bring myself to do it :) anyone know of any cracked version that the saving and loading works on as the ipf file saves and loads fine under emulation.

It looks like it uses track 1 to save high scores as thats where winuae reports it steps the head to.