Debugging disk read/write issue

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
telengard

Debugging disk read/write issue

Post by telengard »

I'm using workbench 1.3.2 and was trying to print something and when it went to read or write the disk (not sure what it was doing), I got the following error:

'System Request'
'Volumne Workbench1.3 has a read/write error'

When the HxC is being accessed in this way I see a "RA" flash on the LCD.

Wondering if someone else has experienced this. I have a cased HxC from Lotharek and I believe am running fairly recent if not the latest firmware.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Debugging disk read/write issue

Post by Jeff »

Use the hxc software and the track viewer to check your disk image.

telengard

Post by telengard »

Ok, I did that, not sure exactly what I'm looking for. All of the sectors of each track are bright green (i'm assuming t == track s == sector), but track 0 has a few sections that are sea green.

I've attached an image
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (105.91 KiB) Viewed 3844 times

telengard

Post by telengard »

I found another image of the same version of Workbench and that is working better. But I'm having difficulty switching disks when prompted. The LCD buttons are just cycling between the disk in A and autoboot.hxe. It's not allowing me to traverse the SD. Is the use of the autoboot.hxe mutually exclusive with use of the LCD/buttons?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

If you don't use the autoboot mode , just disable it with a normal cfg file.

telengard

Post by telengard »

Jeff wrote:If you don't use the autoboot mode , just disable it with a normal cfg file.
I do use it to get started, and I was having issues w/ A-B drives w/ the Amiga so I would autoboot Workbench, and then try to use the LCD/buttons to swap to another disk. That was what I was having difficulty with.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

telengard wrote:
Jeff wrote:If you don't use the autoboot mode , just disable it with a normal cfg file.
I do use it to get started, and I was having issues w/ A-B drives w/ the Amiga so I would autoboot Workbench, and then try to use the LCD/buttons to swap to another disk. That was what I was having difficulty with.
To leave the autoboot mode, press the select/middle button some seconds. After this you can freely browse the sdcard.