Error validating disk. Key 880 checksum error on HxCSD Rev.F

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
kyleschen

Error validating disk. Key 880 checksum error on HxCSD Rev.F

Post by kyleschen »

Hi,

since i now tryed everything that was in my mind and couldn`t find anything similar in the Internet and this Forum i think i have to open new Topic. Sorry if there is something anywhere but couldnt find it yet.

I got this Problem:

I got a A500+ Rev8.1a 1MB on Board. Since i dont wanna destroy the case i put the HxC SD in an Standard Amiga External Drive Case. (untwisted Cable with DF0 / DF1 Switch put to DF1)

I just put Dipswitch ID0A to 1 the rest is disabled. Now i put a new CFG File generated with both Beta and Standard Version of the Emulator Software on the Device. Device is running actual Alpha Version but before was running latest stable Version which had same Problem.

I converted my ADF File which all are running with WinUae properly to HFE (I tryed v1 and also v2).

SD Cards testet: 4GB Kingston SDHC, 4GB Platinum SDHC, 32GB Sandisk SDHC. All same effect.

Now the Problem:

Some disks are running properly and i can read them when workbench is started but most disks wont run and i get "Error validating disk, Key 880 checksum error" back from the Workbench just after it starts reading the disk.

Disks i tryed:

Wings of Fury (running properly)
Dogs of War (4 different Images all wont work)
Dyna Blaster (tryed 3 different Images all wont work)
Simcity (running properly)

To make sure this is not about starting the game from DF1 which wont work with Kickstart 1.3 this i know.

This is just really about reading the disk Image which wont work on like at least 50% of the HFE Files. Alle Games and Disks work as ADF with WinUae.

I could imagine some Kind of Hardware Problem if all wouldnt work but its not like that so this should be some Software issue?

I hope somebody got more ideas how to solve this except of putting it to internal drive.

Best regards

Kyle

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Error validating disk. Key 880 checksum error on HxCSD R

Post by Jeff »

Many games are hard-coded and just try to access to DF0. They are not "aware" that they was started from DF1/DF2...
This seems to be the case here.
Unfortunally there is no miracle solution, expect to set the HxC at the DF0 position.

kyleschen

Post by kyleschen »

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the fast answer.

Well like said its not about running the game. Its just about even reading the Image that doesnt work?

I should be at least able to Access the disk even the game wont run from DF1 there and be able to copy it to DF0?

Where is the difference between mounting an Image on DF1 or DF0? There is no as Long as i dont start the game or application.

Best regards

Kyle

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok so you are trying to read non-dos disks from workbench ?
Can you point me the exact images ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

kyleschen wrote: I should be at least able to Access the disk even the game wont run from DF1 there and be able to copy it to DF0?
What do you mean exactly by "Access" ?

kyleschen

Post by kyleschen »

I dont know if its Non-Dos Disk sorry i am not an Amiga Expert :-)

http://thegamearchives.net/?val=0_2_1_0 ... 65_0_0_0_0
http://thegamearchives.net/?val=0_2_1_0 ... 57_0_0_0_0

same with this one.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_ROMs/Dyna_Blaster/6030

Wings of Fury from same site is working tho.

Tryed both converting to HFE v1 and v2. When Workbench is started and i put Image to the drive i directly get the error then or when workbench is loading i get it before when its first accesing df1 with Image inside.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

kyleschen wrote:I dont know if its Non-Dos Disk sorry i am not an Amiga Expert :-)

http://thegamearchives.net/?val=0_2_1_0 ... 65_0_0_0_0
http://thegamearchives.net/?val=0_2_1_0 ... 57_0_0_0_0

same with this one.

http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_ROMs/Dyna_Blaster/6030

Wings of Fury from same site is working tho.

Tryed both converting to HFE v1 and v2. When Workbench is started and i put Image to the drive i directly get the error then or when workbench is loading i get it before when its first accesing df1 with Image inside.
This is completely normal : These images don't have any AmigaDOS file system. Workbench fail to find any valid file system and bring you this error. These images need to be booted to be started.

kyleschen

Post by kyleschen »

With Access i mean beeing able to open the disk in workbench without getting error when its inserted so i can use diskcopy for example to copy DF1 to DF0 which worked fine with other Files.

kyleschen

Post by kyleschen »

Ah ok then i am just too stupid ;-) But i should anyway be able to copy it somehow to DF0 or?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

kyleschen wrote:Ah ok then i am just too stupid ;-) But i should anyway be able to copy it somehow to DF0 or?
Yes without problem : With XCopy or any diskcopier.

kyleschen

Post by kyleschen »

Ok ty Jeff. Sorry beeing too stupid but just starting with Amiga atm since i had C128 and 80286 as child :-)

Btw if i just got you on the Line here. Am i able to use the second drive of the Emulator in the external Case? Guess not or?

Best regards

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

kyleschen wrote:Ok ty Jeff. Sorry beeing too stupid but just starting with Amiga atm since i had C128 and 80286 as child :-)

Btw if i just got you on the Line here. Am i able to use the second drive of the Emulator in the external Case? Guess not or?

Best regards
You should, but this may depend of the external drive pcb.