Problems with Amiga and SDCARD Version , df0:????

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
rhodan02

Problems with Amiga and SDCARD Version , df0:????

Post by rhodan02 »

Hi , i have build the SDCARD board and connect it to my Amiga 1200 , but the only thing i get is df0:???? on the workbench , if i choose an disk image or not .

I use an 1 gb sd card , i can choose the files on the display , i have test it whit the version i get on the web seit , and the HxCFloppyEmulator_Soft_PIC_c i get here on the board all same effekt.

Maybe the jumpers are wrong set i don´t know. I test many jumper locations but noting work for me .

Can some tell me a corret jumperseting for use on an amiga ?

thanks for help

Grettings Kai

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Amiga and SDCARD Version , df0:????

Post by Jeff »

rhodan02 wrote:Hi , i have build the SDCARD board and connect it to my Amiga 1200 , but the only thing i get is df0:???? on the workbench , if i choose an disk image or not .

I use an 1 gb sd card , i can choose the files on the display , i have test it whit the version i get on the web seit , and the HxCFloppyEmulator_Soft_PIC_c i get here on the board all same effekt.

Maybe the jumpers are wrong set i don´t know. I test many jumper locations but noting work for me .

Can some tell me a corret jumperseting for use on an amiga ?

thanks for help

Grettings Kai
if you want put the emulator as DF0 you put a jumper between pins 08 & 04 if you are using an non twisted floppy cable or 05 & 01 if you are using an twisted cable.

J3 is mapped like this :

----------------------
|FloppyConnector |
----------------------
12 11 10 09
08 07 06 05
04 03 02 01

warning : in many amiga, the floppy cable are often inverted : the red wire doesn't indicate the pin 1 (you can check this by looking at the A1200 motherboard, where the "1" pin should be indicate) ! If the access led are permanetly on when the floppy emulator is plugged this probably your case.

rhodan02

Post by rhodan02 »

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the info , now i have it to the point that it seem to be work but now i get a DF0:NDOS , but its an image of the workbench disk , winuae can read it correctly .

In the software HxCFloppyEmulator.exe 1.2.0.3 have i someting to change on the setting to getting it work ?

I am only starting it , put the adf in the window , safe the .hfe file to the sdcard and copy the .adf to the sdcard.

Now when i insert the image , the display track 3, tracks 41 to 46 again 3 and then it start a count after 50 to 255 , at this point the amiga have no reaction on the flopy LED .

Grettings Kai

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

In the software HxCFloppyEmulator.exe 1.2.0.3 have i someting to change on the setting to getting it work ?
no
I am only starting it , put the adf in the window , safe the .hfe file to the sdcard and copy the .adf to the sdcard.
ok, but the adf on the sdcard is useless.
Now when i insert the image , the display track 3, tracks 41 to 46 again 3 and then it start a count after 50 to 255 , at this point the amiga have no reaction on the flopy LED .
Check your solders. it's like there are a problem on the data or side signal.