ADF support for HxC SD

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
QkiZ

ADF support for HxC SD

Post by QkiZ »

I noticed that you have added ADF support for HxC USB. It's possible to add this feature to HxC SD version?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ADF support for HxC SD

Post by Jeff »

QkiZ wrote:I noticed that you have added ADF support for HxC USB. It's possible to add this feature to HxC SD version?
No the SD HW must be upgraded for this.

QkiZ

Post by QkiZ »

Jeff wrote:
QkiZ wrote:I noticed that you have added ADF support for HxC USB. It's possible to add this feature to HxC SD version?
You mean firmware?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

QkiZ wrote:
Jeff wrote:
You mean firmware?

No, The hardware.

Blueberry

Post by Blueberry »

I have been wondering lately which limitation(s) in the hardware precludes such support. Is the PIC not powerful enough for the ADF<->raw signal translation? Or is the firmware space too full for the translation code? Or something else?

Would it perhaps be possible to do read-only support by a simple ADF->HFE translation when the floppy image is loaded? That would still be really awesome! :-D

Kokos

Post by Kokos »

Blueberry wrote:I have been wondering lately which limitation(s) in the hardware precludes such support. Is the PIC not powerful enough for the ADF<->raw signal translation? Or is the firmware space too full for the translation code? Or something else?

Would it perhaps be possible to do read-only support by a simple ADF->HFE translation when the floppy image is loaded? That would still be really awesome! :-D
As a slim version owner, I also wonder what's the limitation.