Swapping disks in slots

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
telengard

Swapping disks in slots

Post by telengard »

I know this must be easy to do, but I'm having a lot of difficulty for some reason (I've also searched the forums and nothing I've tried so far has worked).
It seems the way to handle multi-disk games is to use the slots. I have a 500, jumpered to ID3 Disk A w/ the latest firmware and front end software.

I go into the autoboot and choose a disk for slot 1 disk A, I then go to slot 2 and it is pre-populated w/ the disk from slot 1 in Disk A. I then insert disk 2 of the game I want to play into slot A. I then save and reboot and when prompted for disk 2, I cycle to that slot and it isn't recognized at all by the game I'm playing. I've tried 2 different sets of images and these images work OK in an emulator so I know they are good.

The game I'm running (Defender of the Crown) says to put the volume into any drive. Is there more I need to do to switch to the next slot other than press, in this case, the right button once?

thanks for any help!
~telengard

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Swapping disks in slots

Post by Jeff »

A question : why are you using ID3 ? This should be ID0 or ID1.
This may prevent the amiga to detect the disk change.

telengard

Re: Swapping disks in slots

Post by telengard »

Jeff wrote:A question : why are you using ID3 ? This should be ID0 or ID1.
This may prevent the amiga to detect the disk change.
Good question. :) I've had it setup like this for years and it has worked fine. Have never tried out a multi-disk game until last night. I may have used a twisted cable earlier on.

Changed over to ID0 and it worked a treat.

thanks Jeff!

~telengard