Barbarian II + SD Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connector

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Spede

Barbarian II + SD Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connector

Post by Spede »

I have problem with Barbarian II as game doesn't work in HFE format. Tested it with 2 Amigas (both have own 512kb RAM expansion). Game runs fine on WinUAE with ADF files.

Disk 1 loads to intro and then it starts loading but almost immediately screen turns to white due of reset. Managed to load game once after 3 hours fighting but now it doesn't work at all. On other Amiga it loads to the first menu (select fighter) but freezes to it.

Image conversion from ADF to HFE is done with HxC Floppy Emulator v2.0.22.0 on Windows 7.
1. Load image
2. Export

Is it HFE format problem or what could cause it? Crappy loader or something specific on the disk that is not converted properly?

ADF + HFE images are here (couldn't attach files due of 256k file size limitation):
BarbarianII.zip

Noticed that Winter Games has similar problems as sometimes it stops loading and asks to reload with pressing fire etc.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Barbarian II + SD Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connecto

Post by Jeff »

First : Update to the lastest firmware :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

And : Also try the Rev 2 HFE format.

Spede

Re: Barbarian II + SD Floppy Emulator SLIM - 34 pin connecto

Post by Spede »

Thanks so it was bug in the firmware.

Updated Firmware to V2.1.6.13a and now Barbarian II (Palace) loaded fine with normal HFE V1 format.

Also Winter Games seems to work fine now on HFE V1 format but I had to remove 512kb memory extension - I think the problem is on memory board.