A500 boots to AUTOBOOT.HFE but doesn't see disk images

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
junosix

A500 boots to AUTOBOOT.HFE but doesn't see disk images

Post by junosix »

I've just taken an HxC Slim that had been in my Atari ST and worked brilliantly and put it in my A500 (1MB expanded) and I'm having difficulty with it seeing disk images. It's running the latest firmware, using a twisted floppy cable flipped the other way, jumper 1 turned ON, all other jumpers OFF. I freshly formatted a 2GB SD card as FAT32 and put AUTOBOOT.HFE and HXCSDFE.CFG on, and converted a few .adf images to .hfe and put them on. It boots to the menu but doesn't display any disk images. But if I erase AUTOBOOT.HFE and rename one of the game or demo disk images to AUTOBOOT.HFE then it boots into that image in place of booting to the menu. Have tried it in indexed mode and renaming the disk image DSKA0000.HFE. Not sure if this is relevant but if I boot without the SD card in, I get the Kickstart 1.3 screen with the picture of the hand and the floppy disk but it flickers on and off a couple of times a second along with the drive access light on both the Amiga and the HxC.

EDIT - have just tried it without the 1MB upgrade just in case it was that and and it's doing the same.

EDIT 2 - have updated the firmware to the latest beta, no difference.

junosix

Re: A500 boots to AUTOBOOT.HFE but doesn't see disk images

Post by junosix »

What a wally - twisted cable, needed switch 4 ON and not switch 1.

Nothing to see here, move along... :roll: