HxC manager 'cursor up' stuck on

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
steve.reaver

HxC manager 'cursor up' stuck on

Post by steve.reaver »

My HxC Slim was working fine, but just today it started behaving strangely. When I boot my Amiga 3000 into the HxC manager it starts as you would expect, however when I get to the menu the selector line continually scrolls up as though I am holding down the cursor up key, even if I remove the keyboard, mouse, hhd and and the Zorro cards this behavior remains the same. I'm at a loss to explain why it is suddenly doing this as I have made no changes to the HXC.

Any help is appreciated.

Arnie

Re: HxC manager 'cursor up' stuck on

Post by Arnie »

Try copying a new autoboot.hfe to the SD card.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Probably not point at all with the HxC itself : The manager is just a normal software on the Amiga.

Anyway some virus may generate some stange behaviors...
Download again the autoboot.hfe and overwrite the old one on the sdcard.

EDIT : If the autoboot.hfe replacement doesn't solve the issue, try to refit your Amiga chip set on their socket...

steve.reaver

Post by steve.reaver »

Pressing down on all the socketed chips has fixed the problem, I realized there was a problem when I booted into the Early Startup and the mouse was constantly jumping over to the left, at that point I figured there was some sort of CIA input issue.

Thanks !

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

steve.reaver wrote:Pressing down on all the socketed chips has fixed the problem, I realized there was a problem when I booted into the Early Startup and the mouse was constantly jumping over to the left, at that point I figured there was some sort of CIA input issue.

Thanks !
Quite common issue with these 20/30 years old machines...

steve.reaver

Post by steve.reaver »

Just posting an update the this incase anyone finds it later and is after more info.

I found that after a period of time the problem came back ! More specifically the mouse was very jumpy and impossible to control. I tried swapping the two CIA chips but the problem stayed the same. Then I did some reading and discovered that most of the mouse control is done by the Paula, and since this A3000 had some battery leakage it is possible that the circuits around the Paula had been damaged. I pulled and reseated the Paula and Denise (as it is also next to the battery, which I had previously removed and cleaned) and there was no change. On an off chance I happened to have a Super Denise which I had ordered for another A2000 upgrade project, so I swapped that in, and BINGO ! Both the mouse and the keyboard problem seem to have been 100% solved now. And it seems to have also solved a flashing colour problem that was occasionally occurring....

One step closer !