HxC SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, Amiga 1000 - Manager Freezes

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
eightbit

HxC SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, Amiga 1000 - Manager Freezes

Post by eightbit »

Hello,

I recently purchased and received the "HxC SD Floppy Emulator Rev C (Cased)" from Lotharek. It actually arrived two days ago, It is running the most current firmware (came this way) and I am trying to use the latest version of the HxC floppy emulator manager. This is all done on an Amiga 1000 with 512kb internal and a 1MB sidecar. The HxC is an external cased version, but I am running the floppy and power cable from it directly into the Amiga 1000 and removed the connection from the internal floppy drive. It is essentially DF0:

I converted a kickstart ADF (v1.3) to .hfe format and I have this set to STARTUPA.hfe. As you know, the Amiga 1000 first needs a kickstart boot disk as kickstart is not resident in a rom. Afterward, I can select any .hfe on the unit, soft reset, and it boots it. I have tested Workbench (and tested writing support) and it works fine. I have loaded some games and demos and they work fine.

However, the SD floppy manager will load and just freeze at the title screen. The mouse does not move, it is just frozen. The only thing that works is soft reset. This is what I have tried with no success:

1. Remove the memory sidecar
2. Tried kickstart v1.2 instead of v1.3
3. Tried every setting I could possibly do in the config
4. Removed the jumper for the DF1: (B) drive and left only DF0: (A) present
5. Turned off drive B: on the hxc settings
6. Tried the manager for DF1: (for the heck of it) and it gets a *little* further than the manager for DF0: before the freeze. It displays the firmware version of the hxc on the manager credits screen (the DF0: version of the manager does not display he firmware version), freezes, and the hxc has an LBA error message
7. Tried three different SD cards (2GB Sandisk, 2GB Transcend, 8GB PNY...formatted FAT and FAT32 respectively)

As stated earlier, I can load things just fine (games, applications, kickstart) using the hxc buttons/lcd screen. I can even load the manager software...until the title screen and it freezes. I really need the manager software to work :(

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, Amiga 1000 - Manager Freez

Post by Jeff »

eightbit wrote:freezes, and the hxc has an LBA error message
Which is?

Which version of the manager are you trying ?

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Jeff wrote:
eightbit wrote:freezes, and the hxc has an LBA error message
Which is?

Which version of the manager are you trying ?

Thanks for the reply. It is the very latest available from here:

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... anager.zip

The LBA error only comes from using the DF1: version, which is not the version I am supposed to use as the HxC is set up to be DF0: I just tested the DF1: version to see what happens.

But, the DF0: version (which should work) just freezes. No LBA error, it simply freezes at the credit/title screen. So either way, neither version will work.

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Problem solved. Incorrect jumper setting. Thank you for the assistance Jeff!