A few HxC floppy queries :)

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
KknD

A few HxC floppy queries :)

Post by KknD »

Hi there. First up, I have really, really enjoyed using the HxC Floppy Emulator, it has really extended the usefulness and life of my Amiga collection. Currently, I own the following Amiga computers,

- 2 x Amiga 500 with 512KB ram expansion
- Amiga 600
- Amiga 1200HD 40MB
- Amiga 2000HD 52MB with 8MB ram + 68030 @ 40MHz
- Amiga 3000HD 250MB + 1001MB with 16MB Ram, Cybervision 24bit Graphics Card

My questions regarding the HxC are as follows:

a) Is there an upper limit on the amount of HFE files you can have on the SD card at any one time? It seems when I try to put a lot (hundreds) of games onto the SD card at one time, the HxC file browser and HxC emulator display odd behavior (e.g. not remembering my choices for each of the 15 slots, and reverting to previous choices, or not scrolling through the list of disks properly in the browser).

b) Should it be theoretically possible to copy a game from a HFE image mounted on the HxC (emulating DF0) to a standard Amiga floppy disk on DF1 or DF2? Whenever I try this using Xcopy, Xcopy pro, Xcopy the next generation etc I get constant write failures with verify ON, and if I turn verify OFF it appears to copy successfully but the destination disk contents do not change at all. Am I doing something wrong here?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: A few HxC floppy queries :)

Post by Jeff »

KknD wrote: a) Is there an upper limit on the amount of HFE files you can have on the SD card at any one time? It seems when I try to put a lot (hundreds) of games onto the SD card at one time, the HxC file browser and HxC emulator display odd behavior (e.g. not remembering my choices for each of the 15 slots, and reverting to previous choices, or not scrolling through the list of disks properly in the browser).
No, there is no particular limit. which version are you using ?
KknD wrote: b) Should it be theoretically possible to copy a game from a HFE image mounted on the HxC (emulating DF0) to a standard Amiga floppy disk on DF1 or DF2? Whenever I try this using Xcopy, Xcopy pro, Xcopy the next generation etc I get constant write failures with verify ON, and if I turn verify OFF it appears to copy successfully but the destination disk contents do not change at all. Am I doing something wrong here?
Yes sure this is possible. Are you sure that your jumper setting is ok?

KknD

Post by KknD »

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for replying. I'm using the SD card floppy emulator - basically this unit: http://torlus.com/floppy/images/finalsd ... pyemu3.jpg and I'm using the most recent/up-to-date firmware etc. It seems that when I try to put a lot of HFE images on the SD card, the file browser behaves strangely, and the unit itself behaves strangely. I can re-test and provide some specific feedback if you like (It's been a while since I've loaded a lot of images onto the SD card because I didn't like the glitches).

As for the jumper settings in order to copy from DF0 (HxC) to a physical disk in DF1, what jumper settings should I use? I basically have the jumpers set as DF0, and that's it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

KknD wrote: As for the jumper settings in order to copy from DF0 (HxC) to a physical disk in DF1, what jumper settings should I use? I basically have the jumpers set as DF0, and that's it.
So the floppy disk drive should be set to DS1/DF1. Is it the case ?

For the manager : the actual version is 1.8a.