AUTOBOOT problems

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
TroelsDK

Re: AUTOBOOT problems

Post by TroelsDK »

The one that mine's in is Rev 6A, but I have other revisions I could test in if you think that is where the problem lies?
Dit you get the file I sent you?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TroelsDK wrote:The one that mine's in is Rev 6A, but I have other revisions I could test in if you think that is where the problem lies?
Yes please try it on other amiga.

When did you send the file ?

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

TroelsDK wrote: It boots up and goes to the "welcome" menu, but then a long beep is heard and the message "DIRECT ACCESS LBA:00000000 08" is displayed.
Then the menu is frozen...

I can reproduce this exact thing on my Amiga 1000 by using the *wrong* manager. There is one for DF0: and one for DF1: in the zipfile. If I use the one for DF0: (which is the one I am supposed to use, as my HxC is connected directly to the internal floppy connection) the manager freezes *without any errors*

BUT, if I try the manager for DF1: (it is not the one I am supposed to use, but I tried it anyway to see what happens) I get the LBA error that you are getting.

Maybe that reveals something? In any case, I cannot get the manager to work on the A1000 at all (except for title screen and credits) :(

TroelsDK

Post by TroelsDK »

Jeff wrote:
TroelsDK wrote:The one that mine's in is Rev 6A, but I have other revisions I could test in if you think that is where the problem lies?
Yes please try it on other amiga.

When did you send the file ?
I sent it to your email I guess.. I'll make a new one and send it again. I'll try it out on other revisions too.

TroelsDK

Post by TroelsDK »

eightbit wrote:
TroelsDK wrote: It boots up and goes to the "welcome" menu, but then a long beep is heard and the message "DIRECT ACCESS LBA:00000000 08" is displayed.

I can reproduce this exact thing on my Amiga 1000 by using the *wrong* manager. There is one for DF0: and one for DF1: in the zipfile. If I use the one for DF0: (which is the one I am supposed to use, as my HxC is connected directly to the internal floppy connection) the manager freezes *without any errors*

BUT, if I try the manager for DF1: (it is not the one I am supposed to use, but I tried it anyway to see what happens) I get the LBA error that you are getting.

Maybe that reveals something? In any case, I cannot get the manager to work on the A1000 at all (except for title screen and credits) :(
Something really strange is going on... I'm glad I'm not the only one having troubles with this, this suggests some common error on the board or in the firmware...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TroelsDK wrote:
eightbit wrote:

Something really strange is going on... I'm glad I'm not the only one having troubles with this, this suggests some common error on the board or in the firmware...
Read again its issue : the software hang a way before the floppy interface access -> No point at all with the firmware or the board...
This may be a software compatibility problem with some chipset revision... or just a defective amiga board (already happened before...)

I still waiting for your board revision...

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

TroelsDK wrote:
eightbit wrote:

Or in the code for the manager software.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

eightbit wrote: Or in the code for the manager software.
Exactly, and the problem is probably there. I have a debug version if you want (with more state output).

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TroelsDK wrote: I'll try it out on other revisions too.
it is done ?

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Jeff wrote:
Exactly, and the problem is probably there. I have a debug version if you want (with more state output).
Yes! That would be good. Maybe we can get to the bottom of the issue with debug. Send it to me in PM (or a link) and I will try it tonight as soon as I get home.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

eightbit wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Yes! That would be good. Maybe we can get to the bottom of the issue with debug. Send it to me in PM (or a link) and I will try it tonight as soon as I get home.
i will send you this by email.

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Jeff wrote: i will send you this by email.
Ok, I will look out for it. Thanks again for your help!

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Ok, I just ran the debug version. It froze as well at this attached screen. Any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_2012.jpg
IMG_2012.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 7066 times
IMG_2011.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg (100.63 KiB) Viewed 7066 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok for sure you have a jumper setting problem : the drive is not selected by the software so you don't use DS0 as it should...
Can you a picture of the jumper ? Are you using a twisted floppy ribbon?

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Do you think it is the cable or jumper setting? Why does everything else work just fine?
Attachments
IMG_2014 (800 x 600).jpg
IMG_2014 (800 x 600).jpg (87.22 KiB) Viewed 7058 times