AUTOBOOT problems

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Jeff
Site Admin

Re: AUTOBOOT problems

Post by Jeff »

eightbit wrote:Do you think it is the cable or jumper setting? Why does everything else work just fine?
Maybe because you are using the motor on signal instead of DS0...
What about the floppy cable ? it is twisted ?
EDIT : This is the internal connection ?

eightbit

Post by eightbit »

Jeff wrote:
eightbit wrote:Do you think it is the cable or jumper setting? Why does everything else work just fine?
Maybe because you are using the motor on signal instead of DS0...
What about the floppy cable ? it is twisted ?
EDIT : This is the internal connection ?
The cable is not twisted as far as I know. It is a straight cable that has one end plugged into the HxC, and the other directly into the A1000 case and to the floppy port.

You were right about the jumper settings. I was looking at the back of the case the wrong way. Moved the jumpers to the other side and now the application works. I feel so dumb...sorry for the confusion. But I really appreciate the help in finding out what the issue was.

One last question. When entering the software manager, the HxC speaker screams for a second or two and "LBA direct access" shows up on the screen. I can navigate the SD card now and it works fine (yay!) but I just want to make sure that this lba direct access and screeching speaker sound on application entry is normal.

Ohh, and also, why did the emulator work with other disks/games when the jumpers were on the other side? They were by default plugged in as in my picture right from Lotharek.

TroelsDK

Post by TroelsDK »

Initially my HXC was in a rev. 6a... Now I tested it with the file you sent me in a Rev. 8a. Same problem :(

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

TroelsDK wrote:Initially my HXC was in a rev. 6a... Now I tested it with the file you sent me in a Rev. 8a. Same problem :(
Please post a screenshot of the amiga file selector.