HxC Rev C with ACA500

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
MaTel

HxC Rev C with ACA500

Post by MaTel »

I have some trouble with a ACA500 and a HxC Rev. C. In the early bootmenu of the ACA500 you can create a Recovery-Disk. But this function breaks with a validating error after some tracks. The interruption differs from times to times.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC Rev C with ACA500

Post by Jeff »

MaTel wrote:I have some trouble with a ACA500 and a HxC Rev. C. In the early bootmenu of the ACA500 you can create a Recovery-Disk. But this function breaks with a validating error after some tracks.
Please send me the HFE file after the failure.
Which firmware version have you ?
MaTel wrote: The interruption differs from times to times.
How ?

MaTel

Post by MaTel »

Jeff wrote:
MaTel wrote:I have some trouble with a ACA500 and a HxC Rev. C. In the early bootmenu of the ACA500 you can create a Recovery-Disk. But this function breaks with a validating error after some tracks.
Please send me the HFE file after the failure.
Ok, tomorrow you get a .hfe file.
Which firmware version have you ?
1.8.2.40 and 1.8.6.10a ( alpha? )
(on a HxC RevC and a cased HxC Rev C. with different floppy-cables, different SD-cards, different Amiga power suplies )
Jeff wrote:
MaTel wrote: The interruption differs from times to times.
How ?
sometimes it goes from Track47 to Track36, sometimes it goes from Track47 to Track25 but it never comes accurate to the end of the process.

MaTel

Post by MaTel »

Here is a test.hfe.
I have created it with ADF-Opus and formatted with WB3.1. After that I boot into the ACA-Bootmenu an create a Recovery-disk. After round about 5 Tracks it breaks with a validating-error.
Attachments
TEST.7z
(87.12 KiB) Downloaded 380 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

MaTel wrote:Here is a test.hfe.
I have created it with ADF-Opus and formatted with WB3.1. After that I boot into the ACA-Bootmenu an create a Recovery-disk. After round about 5 Tracks it breaks with a validating-error.
I need the file without the WB3.1 format...

MaTel

Post by MaTel »

next try...

here is a unformatted TEST2.hfe created with ADF-Opus. ACA500 Recovery came from Track 47 to Track 42? an breaks then with an validating error.
Attachments
TEST2.7z
(69.58 KiB) Downloaded 373 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

MaTel wrote:next try...

here is a unformatted TEST2.hfe created with ADF-Opus. ACA500 Recovery came from Track 47 to Track 42? an breaks then with an validating error.
The image looks ok. Have you tried to disable the acceleration before making the recovery disk ?