SD Floppy Emulator REV C HxC with Amiga multiple disks

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
100ouz

SD Floppy Emulator REV C HxC with Amiga multiple disks

Post by 100ouz »

Hello,

I am unable to swap disk image through the emulator (running firmware 1.8.2.40).
My jumper settings should be set OK as it still works with some games (set as df0, and df1 on a non-twisted floppy cable)
I am stuck at the "insert disk2" for following games (even though I moved to next slot for disk 2 of the games from the HxC frontpanel, "Next" button on the right):
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit from Buena Vista
- Shadow Warriors from Ocean
- Wings from Cinemaware

I downloaded the adf from http://www.thegamearchives.com/ and generated the hfe format (NOT the experimental one, standard one) with HxCFloppyEmulator 2.0.18.4.
Does it have to do with my Floppy Emulator REV C HxC configuration ? I am running Kickstart v1.3 from the Amiga 500 side.
I tested with multiple SD card, same issue. I checked voltage on the HxC, currently at 4.97 Volt so seems normal to me. Changed as well floppy cable.
Is it the source/image file (adf) which is not OK or compatible ? I am really at a loss, I do not understand why some games requesting multiple disks are working when others are not.
Does anyone have an answer ? I am curious to know if anyone can execute or pass disk2 insertion for any of the 3 listed games through their HxC hardware

Thank you for your help
1000ouz
Last edited by 100ouz on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: SD Floppy Emulator REV C HxC with Amiga multiple disks

Post by Jeff »

A picture of your jumper setting please...

100ouz

Post by 100ouz »

Here is a pic of the jumper settings.
setup.jpg
setup.jpg (208.42 KiB) Viewed 9198 times
Thank you Jeff in advance for your advice

100ouz

Post by 100ouz »

Another strange behaviour which may be linked to this issue with multiple disks.
I've tested TOKI from Ocean (downloaded from http://www.thegamearchives.com) which is a 1-disk game.
It loads until the OCEAN logo then the HxC frontpanel blocks with "RA T:072/084". The only option to let the game continues loading, is to remove the SD card and re-insert it quickly which displays a quick "Reading FAT" message on the frontpanel then reading is progressing by block T:003/084, etc...until the game loads fully and can be played but for this I need to eject and insert the SD card multiple times...hope you understand what I am explaining ;o).
I did use another SD card (from the same brand though but different capacity/model) and same results. I suspect a "technical" issue with my HxC REV C hardware but well need someone to confirm that the same game loads fine on their side with same firmware/hardware. Again I've games that run perfectly well with my current setup, this is why I am at a loss as I can not identify if this an hardware or adf image issue.

By the way what does this RA mean? Read something ? I've seen as well RB from time to time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Just got a very small time frame to test your games... seems to work perfectly here.
But i have used the very last beta version. please try it (in your email box).

100ouz

Post by 100ouz »

I confirm your new firmware 1.8.6.6a is doing magic, no more issues with multiple disks neither with the 1-disk game, everything loads perfectly without SD toasting. Merci Jeff !!

androidde

Post by androidde »

Hello good as some time ago I bought the SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, I have the 1.8.2.40 firmware and I have problems with games that use more than one diskette, the jumper did not touch it as I have left came when I bought. reading this thread I've seen it seems that this user had the same problem as me, would you be so kind as to pass me the firmware 1.8.6.6a, to try, one last question if I do not go right back to the firmware could easily 1.8.2.40 with the normal method? Greetings and thanks in advance

PD: Amiga 500 kickstart 1.3

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

androidde wrote:Hello good as some time ago I bought the SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, I have the 1.8.2.40 firmware and I have problems with games that use more than one diskette, the jumper did not touch it as I have left came when I bought. ..
Are are your jumpers ?

androidde

Post by androidde »

Jeff wrote:
androidde wrote:Hello good as some time ago I bought the SD Floppy Emulator Rev C, I have the 1.8.2.40 firmware and I have problems with games that use more than one diskette, the jumper did not touch it as I have left came when I bought. ..
Are are your jumpers ?
jumpers I have not touched,
are like the photo above are

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Here is the latest beta versions :

For the Slim HxC:
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

For the "Classsic" HxC (Rev C & F):

Take care to use the ID0-A & ID1-B (if 2 drives emulation) jumper setting.

androidde

Post by androidde »

Jeff wrote:Here is the latest beta versions :

For the Slim HxC:

For the "Classsic" HxC (Rev C & F):

Take care to use the ID0-A & ID1-B (if 2 drives emulation) jumper setting.
this afternoon I try and tell you that this was me, thank you very much

androidde

Post by androidde »

I would like to thank you again For the firmware "Classsic" HxC (Rev C): HXCFE_V1_8_6_11a. Works great, I have tried and played different games I could not play before.

games with firmware 1.8.2.40 could not play before:

Proyect X (3 disk) perfect
Disposable Hero (3 disk) perfect
Spatial Hyperdrive (1 disk) Perfect
Midnight Resistance (1 disk) Perfect
The last soldier (3 disk) Perfect

Regards :D

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

androidde wrote:I would like to thank you again For the firmware "Classsic" HxC (Rev C): HXCFE_V1_8_6_11a. Works great, I have tried and played different games I could not play before.

games with firmware 1.8.2.40 could not play before:

Proyect X (3 disk) perfect
Disposable Hero (3 disk) perfect
Spatial Hyperdrive (1 disk) Perfect
Midnight Resistance (1 disk) Perfect
The last soldier (3 disk) Perfect

Regards :D
Ok Thanks for the feedback ! :D

caius

Post by caius »

Hi Jeff, which are other chages/imporvements in your beta HXCFE_V1_8_6_11a firmware?Do you recommend me to upgrade my HxC SD REV. C unit or wait for an official release?Thanks.