A600 Rev C Issues

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
MartinW

A600 Rev C Issues

Post by MartinW »

Hi Guys,

I've got an external (no case) Rev. C HxC emulator here that I bought a while ago and have been using fine with an Amstrad CPC-6128. Last weekend I bought an A600 to have a play about with and have tried to use my HxC in there.

KS: 2.0 (37.350) WB: 2.1 (38.35)
Firmware v1.8.2.40
SD Card Emulator: 1.7a
My cable in non twisted
My jumper settings are:

Code: Select all

ooxo
ooxx
ooox
My problem is that I can read and write to floppies when done through WB - although I have to say that I'm not sure it really is because anything I put in a blank disk is empty again by the time I reboot but that could be my lack of WB knowledge! However if I try to go into the Manager software i get the following error: "LBA Change Test Failed ! Write Issue ?"

My SD Card is not write protected and I've also forced this in the HxC configuration (so it's set to Write enabled rather than SD Card protect).

The Amiga is suffering from capacitor rot so it's quite likely that it could be that (I'm waiting for new caps to be posted to me) but I wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right in the HxC world as well. I can run (read) stuff off the HxC floppies quite happily.

On the PC side I'm running OS X Mavericks, however I've also been in and formatted the card in a virtual machine as I wasn't too sure that OS X was doing it right.

Does it sound like everything is OK from an HxC point of view? The only information I could find on the LBA message seemed to be related to old firmware versions.

Oh, my SD card is a Kingston 512MB.

Let me know if I've missed any info.

Thanks,
Martin.

MartinW

Re: A600 Rev C Issues

Post by MartinW »

Ah, ignore me. I finally found another floppy cable and it now works so the culprit was the floppy cable all along. I still couldn't format a disk (got a cylinder 0 error), but the selector software works so I'm guessing the rest is the blank floppy creation stuff.