How to insert files in HFE files ?

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
huggyone76

How to insert files in HFE files ?

Post by huggyone76 »

Hi,
I currently own two HxC Floppy. One is for my Atari ST and I'm able to easily make it work, from floppy images or creating new disks on which I place the files.

My second HxC Floppy arrived there a few days ago for my Amiga 500.
No problem to use ADF files, it works perfectly!
By cons, it is impossible to create a "blank" disk and then add files. HFE file is recognized (it is listed), but once on my Amiga, it appears at worst "BAD" at best it is empty. Curiously, the "good" HFE are 2001 ko, the "bad" still less. I used the "DOS Floppy Disk File Browser" using the "File system types: 880KB DSDD AmigaDOS" but it does not work.
Someone has a clue? Maybe my method is not good at all ?

Blank disks from QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip are ok for my Amiga, but how to fill them from my PC where I downloaded files for the Amiga (some démos from Pouet.net) ?

Hope you understand what I wrote... :wink:

I attached my attempt with DOS Floppy Disk File Browser and the demo Retrobution...
If that could help, I have the latest softwares and firmware.

Thank you for your answers.
Attachments
What I did...
What I did...
Capture.PNG (15.98 KiB) Viewed 6062 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: How to insert files in HFE files ?

Post by Jeff »

Yes there is an issue with the disk image browser and amiga disk image.

Workaround :

- create a "myfloppy.amigados" folder on the pc.
- put some files into this folder.
- drag & drop it on the hxc application.
- export the image (hfe format).

Other possibility :
Use adfOpus with the HFE support :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... us_HxC.zip

huggyone76

Post by huggyone76 »

Thank you Jeff for this fast answer !!!
So I tried to create a floppy with the "myfloppy.amigados", but the same problem appears.
I tried with ADFOpus and, that's "better". I create the floppy, I can open it under my WB but no files visibles... And now, same thing with all the HFE files ! (I can boot with my WB1.3 hfe file, but I can't see anything on the "floppy" !)... Strange !
Moreover the "infos" show me that "floppies" are not empty.
I will retry after apply format on my SD card.

Regards,

Hugues.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

huggyone76 wrote: So I tried to create a floppy with the "myfloppy.amigados", but the same problem appears.
No... Please reread again my post, i didn't tell you to put "myfloppy.amigados" in the floppy...
huggyone76 wrote: I tried with ADFOpus and, that's "better". I create the floppy, I can open it under my WB but no files visibles... And now, same thing with all the HFE files ! (I can boot with my WB1.3 hfe file, but I can't see anything on the "floppy" !)... Strange !
Amiga specific "problem" : Missing icon files.
if you use the dir/list command you will see the files. No point here with the HxC...

huggyone76

Post by huggyone76 »

Thank you for your patience ! :D
I've finally opened the Shell from my WB1.3 (not so easy, because no icon in the folder ! Don't know really how they appeared... !). And I've seen the files on the "floppy" I created with ADFOpus and now I can launch what is on ! That's great !

Thank you very much for your help, my two "HxC Floppy" are fantastics ! :wink: