How do I connect a SD Floppy Emulator Rev F - 3,5" to a CD32

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
Mark Thompson

Re: How do I connect a SD Floppy Emulator Rev F - 3,5" to a

Post by Mark Thompson »

Jeff thank you very much for that link and I see the floppy emulator in the subjectline fits snugly in an external enclosure, but I can't read German though I think that I've got the gist of it via Google translator. I ordered the slim version with enclosure and it'll do me as it is, but I'm a bit worried because I ordered it on November 18th though I've had no notification of delivery so I hope I receive it.

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Think I was being paranoid in my above post because I received it sooner than I thought via Polish post and I've already left him positive feedback, but I'm having problems with it so I'm wondering if someone could please help me as I've already looked for a solution to no alas. I've the late model of A1200 because it has 1995 on the 3.1 kickstart ROMS if that has anything to do with it, but after FAT32 formatting SD card, copying HXCSDFE.CFG and AUTOBOOT.HFE to it it won't boot. The jumper setting on the HxC slim is set on 1 and I'm using a microSD adapter if that has anything to do with it. The ribbon lead has no twists and is straight if that's right

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

have you activated the autoboot mode into the cfg file with the hxc software ?

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

I loaded the cfg file I transferred to my microSD card using the HxC software and the autoboot mode is enabled indicated by it being checked. I've another A1200 which is older with 3.0 kickstart ROMs and decided to try it with that with which it boots to the HxC Floppy Emulator Manager, but I can't seem to get games to boot because it just boots back to the Emulator Manager again. I highlight and select the .adf image by pressing return then press F7, but it just boots back to the Emulator Manager again. I've also tried a different game just incase it was that and added the .hfe suffix to the end after .adf because I understand it has to have that?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Mark Thompson wrote: I've also tried a different game just incase it was that and added the .hfe suffix to the end after .adf because I understand it has to have that?
ok i see. please use the hxc software to convert your adf files...

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Sorry I'm such a noob, but I did what you put and games are now booting. I went back to my newer A1200 which has a CF card installed as hard drive and I don't know why it won't boot on that, but on the workbench the floppy drive shows-up as DF0:???? as well as when it boots up it makes scratchy sounds however I've read somewhere that the newest A1200s used 1.44MB floppy drives so unless there's a workaround with that though it doesn't matter as long as it works on my older A1200 which it does I'm happy. In the manual it states you can use 26-pin leads and my external floppy has that, but whereabouts it connects though I can post picture?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I suppose that this is an escom A1200 ?

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Yes I think it is because the logo doesn't have Commodore on it and it's just Amiga. Also on the inside on the back of the casing has the date stamped of 0 6 OCT 1995. It came to me unboxed when I bought it from off of eBay in 2004. I'm not bothered if it's not compatible with this late Amiga and I guess there weren't that many of them manufactured so that's why it's not an issue because as I've mentioned I have my older Amiga that the slim HxC works on anyway. I'm planning on wanting to get my slim HxC working as an external drive and I've read that it works with 26-pin lead but does it go in nearest to power lead or away from it? I can post picture

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

For the escom : you should revert the modifications done by escom on the motherboard (do some google search for the tutorials).

About the slim : i don't understand why you talk about 26pins connector... Please have a look to the user manual.

Mark Thompson

Post by Mark Thompson »

Sorry about the delay, but I found this and it states in the description the cable might work with other floppy emulators too (for example HxC floppy Emu) so this looks like a better solution if it does work than buying an external floppy disk drive:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amiga-externa ... 19f1e00206