Planning to upgrade my A1200 with a SD floppy emulator

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
AmigOS

Planning to upgrade my A1200 with a SD floppy emulator

Post by AmigOS »

Hello all,
I'm new in this forum, and relatively new, or I should say returning old Amiga fan. I have no experience in retrofitting electronics or even soldering. So I have a great challenge in front of me, since I want to find a solution to use a SD floppy emulator internally in my A1200, to replace the original floppy drive, but without having to modify the A1200 case to show the lcd screen or buttons.

Is this even possible for even someone so neophyte as myself? If so which model I need to order and which components?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Planning to upgrade my A1200 with a SD floppy emulator

Post by Jeff »

If you want limit the case modification, i recommend you the new Slim floppy emulator.

AmigOS

Post by AmigOS »

Jeff wrote:If you want limit the case modification, i recommend you the new Slim floppy emulator.
So should then I assume that there's not solution available, which doesn't require any modification to the case?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

AmigOS wrote:
Jeff wrote:If you want limit the case modification, i recommend you the new Slim floppy emulator.
So should then I assume that there's not solution available, which doesn't require any modification to the case?
THe Slim version doesn't require any modification.

danko

Post by danko »

Jeff wrote:
AmigOS wrote:
THe Slim version doesn't require any modification.
Hi Jeff, with the new slim version doesn't require modification to the case? microswitch comes out of the case? as if it were a real floppy eject button?

Arnie

Post by Arnie »

With the Slim version you can mount it so that the microswitch is accessible through the case slot for the old floppy disk. Or you can modify an old floppy drive case to house the slim like this

danko

Post by danko »

Arnie wrote:With the Slim version you can mount it so that the microswitch is accessible through the case slot for the old floppy disk. Or you can modify an old floppy drive case to house the slim like this
In my amiga there is no floppy drive...