HxC Rev C & Amiga 500 woes

HxC Floppy Emulator on Amiga support
romppainen

Re: HxC Rev C & Amiga 500 woes

Post by romppainen »

I visited my friend and we tested HxC using his Amiga and stable power supply that can easily handle his A500 plus GVP hard drive but results were exactly the same: Every converted image (made of adf's sourced from several places to avoid bad transfers) including autoboot file supplied with Amiga file manager failed, in most cases they boot but do almost immediately few seeks around tracks 70-71 and crash causing either lockup, guru or hardware reboot. I also noticed that LCD screen got garbled couple of times when image name was scrolling, it looked like it was out of sync showing 2 characters overlapping in every segment.

Couple of days ago I had a go with CPC again and everything went fine for hour or so until all of sudden I started to get disc not found errors no matter what image was mounted, alternatively I managed to see directory using CAT command but every attempt to load a file jammed the system. Eventually behaviour got back to normal after I unpowered HxC for couple of minutes.

Please note that I reverted firmware to 1.7.2.0 before these test, if it makes any difference. Nevertheless this starts to look like hardware failure to me - ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

Regarding all these problems, i think that it is better to exchange the device.
I will point this thread to Lotharek.

jf

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

hello

from my point o view, i`m very sorry it happens. I`d like to proposer new device -please send the faulty one -i will refind postage
..... Atari Roxxx !!!

romppainen

Post by romppainen »

Thanks and no need to be sorry, things like this just happen. However, before returning the device is there any way I could try, like flashable diagnostic firmware or anything, to make sure it is hardware fault and not something else after all?

romppainen

Post by romppainen »

lotharek: I've been busy with real life for some time, but if it's still possible to get this unit replaced please let me know your contact details.