I'm thinking about buying the following for my Amiga 500, but have a few questions:
- HxC Rev C
- External floppy drive adapter
- DF0 selector
- Am I correct in thinking that the HxC would work fine as DF1 with the external drive adapter?
- Can the HxC be used as DF2 daisy chained from a real external floppy drive? (Manual mentions only DF1 in the jumper settings section)
- Can the HxC be used as both DF1 and DF2? (Manual mentions only DF0+DF1 in the jumper settings section)
- If I used the DF0 sector, could a HxC connected using the external drive adapter be used as both DF0 and DF1? (Bit of a long shot)
- Can the HxC read from and write to ADF files (or any format where I can go between both) (Sorry I found the manual a little unclear regarding file formats and write support)
I want to try some retro programming for my A500 given it's now essentially 30 years old.
Having as many simultaneous reliable writable disk drives as possible would really help.
I want to keep my A500 as original as possible.
P.S.: Has anyone tried a laser upgrade for a tank mouse? Why is one of the requirements scissors?