Gotek SFR1M44-U100k and Korg X3

te_gonzales

Gotek SFR1M44-U100k and Korg X3

Post by te_gonzales »

Hello, i’m new to the Gotek Floppy Emulator and HxC Firmware.

After installing the latest HxC firmware on the SFR1M-U100k i basically got it working in indexed mode which means after powering Up the synthesizer and selecting one of the disk images on the Gotek, i am able to read a directory and load files from that specific image.

The problem is, that the Synthesizer does not get a new directory, when i select a different disk image and enter the Disk menu again.

I would like to know if this is a flaw that i need to live withh when using the Emulator with a Korg X3, or if there is some kind of configuration that i can play with, so that the Synthesizer will detect a disk change ?

I hope Someone had the same problem and found a solution already.

Kind regardards, Tom

te_gonzales

Re: Gotek SFR1M44-U100k and Korg X3

Post by te_gonzales »

I got an update to my problem:
After switching the floppy type from IBM DD to Generic Shugart DD the X3 is re-reading the directory after switching to another disk image. But practically this is always working after a couple of tries and might be a timing issue between keyboard, drive and usb stick?

Any hint is welcome.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

te_gonzales wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:59 pm
I got an update to my problem:
After switching the floppy type from IBM DD to Generic Shugart DD the X3 is re-reading the directory after switching to another disk image. But practically this is always working after a couple of tries and might be a timing issue between keyboard, drive and usb stick?

Any hint is welcome.
Please try the S950 interfaces modes.

te_gonzales

Post by te_gonzales »

Hello Jeff,

I think my problem is solved and to my shame it seems that there was not a problem at all:

I’ve tried the S950 interface mode as you suggested and found out it did not change anything on the problem.

After that i noticed that the 3 segment led Display of the Gotek drive is flashing once around 3 seconds after the index of the floppy image was changen. It seems like flashing indicates that the floppy image has been mounted and the drive is ready, and thats the earliest point where a directory can be obtained. Which would explain that sometimes if i enter the disk menu too fast the new floppy disk is not inserted yet.

Knowing that the emulator firmware works perfect in my case and is doing what it should do.

Thank you very much !