Oberheim DPX-1 and Gotek USB HxC

teevee

Oberheim DPX-1 and Gotek USB HxC

Post by teevee »

Oberheim DPX-1 is interesting because it is cross-compatible with sound disks from Akai S-900, E-Mu emulator II, SCI Prophet 2000 and Ensoniq Mirage, when it has the latest internal firmware installed which is version 2.2.

I have a small archive of different sound disks, which are already converted to .HFE and works with their representative “main” machine, but not in Oberheim DPX-1

I´m currently trying to get an Oberheim DPX-1 to work with these disks, which has a Gotek with HxC Installed. I experience example that the Operheim DPX-1 is only reading fragments of Emulator II disks and is rejecting the other kinds.

What settings do I need to make in the HxC config to make it cross-compatible with the disks from the difference machines?

thank you for the replies in advance.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Oberheim DPX-1 and Gotek USB HxC

Post by Jeff »

I believe that the 5"1/4 port is only compatible with EII disks and the other port is compatible with others machines, isn't it ?

teevee

Post by teevee »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:55 am
I believe that the 5"1/4 port is only compatible with EII disks and the other port is compatible with others machines, isn't it ?
Hi Jeff,

thank you for the reply and this is taken into account. They are internally both connected to the normal floppy and has a switcher, which can determine the priority.

Which are the current recommend HxC settings for Oberheim DPX-1?

Note:
error nF = disk not found
Attachments
m-konversation-anhang.jpg
m-konversation-anhang.jpg (109.16 KiB) Viewed 2127 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Shugart mode i believe.