Auto mount USB stick folder - ADF support?

solarmon

Auto mount USB stick folder - ADF support?

Post by solarmon »

Hi,

Any plans to have the Auto mount USB stick folder feature to be able to mount as an ADF image?

This would be useful on Amiga machines then since a stock Amiga does not support PC/DOS formatted disks.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Auto mount USB stick folder - ADF support?

Post by Jeff »

solarmon wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:50 pm
Hi,

Any plans to have the Auto mount USB stick folder feature to be able to mount as an ADF image?

This would be useful on Amiga machines then since a stock Amiga does not support PC/DOS formatted disks.
To do this i need to recode a complete amigados file system handler from scratch able to fit in the gotek flash. There is maybe a way to take some shortcut and make something with the minimal needed stuff.

solarmon

Post by solarmon »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:51 pm
solarmon wrote:
Hi,

To do this i need to recode a complete amigados file system handler from scratch able to fit in the gotek flash. There is maybe a way to take some shortcut and make something with the minimal needed stuff.
OK. If it is non-trivial then don't worry about it.

I had a situation where I needed to get a file to a stock Amiga 500. I just ended up creating a blank ADF image using ADF Opus on my Windows laptop and putting the file in that.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

solarmon wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:02 pm
Jeff wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:51 pm
solarmon wrote:
Hi,

OK. If it is non-trivial then don't worry about it.

I had a situation where I needed to get a file to a stock Amiga 500. I just ended up creating a blank ADF image using ADF Opus on my Windows laptop and putting the file in that.
> I just ended up creating a blank ADF image using ADF Opus on my Windows laptop and putting the file in that.

You can do this with the HxC software too.