DS0 and DS1 as file0 and file1

ncherry

DS0 and DS1 as file0 and file1

Post by ncherry »

I've just gotten done putting the boot loader on my Gotek. I see the Nor in the display. I'm about to start setting up the dsk (CoCo - OS9) images.

I tried to find this but couldn't find it. Can my Gotek with the hxc code behave as 2 drives with DS0 using the first file and DS1 using the second file? I see the DS0, DS1 and DS2 (yes, my system can actual multiplex 8 drives but I won't ask for that :wink: ). This will be used on a Sardis ST2900 (very similar to a CoCo 1). Any pointers?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: DS0 and DS1 as file0 and file1

Post by Jeff »

ncherry wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 am
I've just gotten done putting the boot loader on my Gotek. I see the Nor in the display. I'm about to start setting up the dsk (CoCo - OS9) images.

I tried to find this but couldn't find it. Can my Gotek with the hxc code behave as 2 drives with DS0 using the first file and DS1 using the second file? I see the DS0, DS1 and DS2 (yes, my system can actual multiplex 8 drives but I won't ask for that :wink: ). This will be used on a Sardis ST2900 (very similar to a CoCo 1). Any pointers?
'Nor' :
https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... oting.html
This doesn't work : I see "Nor" on the display when inserting the USB stick

The emulator is in "NORmal mode".

Since you don't have any OLED or LCD screen, you need to use the indexed mode or the "autoboot"/file selector mode if you have an Amiga/Atari ST/CPC.

- In indexed mode you must use the indexed config file and name the files images DSKA0000.XXX, DSKA0001.XXX, DSKA0002.XXX (replace XXX by the original file extension.)

- In "autoboot"/file selector mode you must use the "autoboot"/file selector config file and the autoboot.hfe available for your machine. The images selection is done with a file selector software (autoboot.hfe) to set the "slots" (supported on Atari ST, Amiga, CPC).
The firmware currently support only one drive emulation. You need the SD HxC Floppy for both drives emulation.

ncherry

Re: DS0 and DS1 as file0 and file1

Post by ncherry »

Thanks Jeff, I thought that might be the case. I've already bought a second license and will get another Gotek device for my computer. I have a few other vintage machines that will get the same treatment but one machine at a time.

Thanks