gotek config issue

Maych

gotek config issue

Post by Maych »

The S0 jumper was on, so I pulled it and tried to load a file. That didn't see the file, so I flipped the cable and that didn't do it. I then put the jumper back on with the cable flipped and no luck loading the file.

All of these efforts/attempts did resolve the disk issue mentioned before, so I can get to the menu on the DSS-1 and attempt to load a multisound, but all when attempting to load the multisound/file the DSS-1 just hangs posting "Searching for Msounds on disk"

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC firmware for Gotek drive instructions

Post by Jeff »

Maych wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:15 am
The S0 jumper was on, so I pulled it and tried to load a file. That didn't see the file, so I flipped the cable and that didn't do it. I then put the jumper back on with the cable flipped and no luck loading the file.

All of these efforts/attempts did resolve the disk issue mentioned before, so I can get to the menu on the DSS-1 and attempt to load a multisound, but all when attempting to load the multisound/file the DSS-1 just hangs posting "Searching for Msounds on disk"
with you current setup is the gotek green led blinking when trying to read or is always lit ?

Maych

Post by Maych »

The green led on the gotek never comes on at all

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Maych wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:40 pm
The green led on the gotek never comes on at all
Weird. Which jumper(s) have you set ?

Maych

Post by Maych »

JA and S0 are the two that are on, and was on when I got the drive. I took the S0 off at different times troubleshooting different scenario's.
Right now both are on, and the floppy cable is reversed. I'm using the latest .upd file mentioned earlier, index cfg file and I have 2 HFC files DSKA0000.HFC and DSKA0001.HFC

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Maych wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:33 pm
JA and S0 are the two that are on, and was on when I got the drive. I took the S0 off at different times troubleshooting different scenario's.
Right now both are on, and the floppy cable is reversed. I'm using the latest .upd file mentioned earlier, index cfg file and I have 2 HFC files DSKA0000.HFC and DSKA0001.HFC
Please remove JA and retry with S0.

Maych

Post by Maych »

okay I pulled JA off, then went through the process of trying to load a multisound (For DSS-1, from system select 9 get multisound) and then enter.
Same results, searching for msounds on disk. The gotek led never comes on, but I do see the usb stick fluttering which appears that something is trying to access it.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Have you put the S0 jumper ?

Maych

Post by Maych »

WOW !! Jeff I'm restating what I've read on this forum many times. your time, patience, and support is just super fantastic. I sincerely appreciate it.
To close this out, I put the S0 jumper back on (with JA off) and the green light on the Gotek came on, but still couldn't access the files. I flipped the floppy cable again, rebooted and no green light (however), I can now load the multisounds from USB "AWESOME"

Again my sincere thanks for your patience and outstanding support.

~Maych

Maych

Post by Maych »

After converting a bunch of files to HFE, I made up a new USB stick and loading full systems, AND the Gotek LED now comes on while loading !! Looks like I'm all set.