No activity on optional LED (L5).

Jidis

No activity on optional LED (L5).

Post by Jidis »

Hi,

I added the extra LED (L5) above the left push button on this recently received Gotek (SFRC922D), but am getting no activity on it. There are three here now, and the other two were simple plug & play soldering with no changes necessary.

Do I just figure this one is flawed or is anyone familiar with ones which are missing components or something to make that optional light work? I've checked the polarity as well as the LED itself.

Aside from that, the drive seems to operate OK.

Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: No activity on optional LED (L5).

Post by Jeff »

Jidis wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:13 am
Hi,

I added the extra LED (L5) above the left push button on this recently received Gotek (SFRC922D), but am getting no activity on it. There are three here now, and the other two were simple plug & play soldering with no changes necessary.

Do I just figure this one is flawed or is anyone familiar with ones which are missing components or something to make that optional light work? I've checked the polarity as well as the LED itself.

Aside from that, the drive seems to operate OK.

Thanks
Have you the HxC firmware ?

Jidis

Post by Jidis »

Jeff wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:42 am
Have you the HxC firmware ?
Not yet on this particular one, but it hasn't seemed to make much difference as far as the light goes (there's a Peavey sampler here that I've tried a stock Gotek in). I'll check it on a couple machines if I can get something else open, but I thought it always flashed on disk changes or something.

Thanks!

Jidis

Post by Jidis »

Jeff,

I think I'm going to write this one off as broken. I just pulled apart another machine here and tried it in place of that one and still got no light. I opened both and the boards are more or less identical and equally populated, though this one is a "D" and the other is just a SFRC922. The two 1k resistors read as good and appear to be making it to their destinations.

Out of curiosity, what purpose does that middle LED spot (L3 maybe) typically serve? I hate to just leave a dead light in there since I've already drilled a hole. ;-)

Take Care