how saves in gaming??

Post Reply
Mandarancino
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

how saves in gaming??

Post by Mandarancino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

Hi guys, in a new user for Amiga 600 and 1200, on 1200 installed gotek Whit hxc firmware at last stable but i don't know Is possible save game, created by winuae an .adf empty and place on position 1 in gotek but now??
Example in monkey Island Is possible save? At every Moment of game?? Where Is the mode?

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:33 am

Mandarancino wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am
Hi guys, in a new user for Amiga 600 and 1200, on 1200 installed gotek Whit hxc firmware at last stable but i don't know Is possible save game, created by winuae an .adf empty and place on position 1 in gotek but now??
Example in monkey Island Is possible save? At every Moment of game?? Where Is the mode?
Sure it is possible (If the game offer this possibility of course ;) ) ! Just save and this should be ok. There is nothing to do on the emulator.

But be aware of this : Some games use special format or extra tracks to save the game progression. In these cases you may need to use the HFE format instead of ADF. Just use the HxC software to convert your ADF for these specials cases :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... r_soft.zip

Mandarancino
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Mandarancino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:43 am

Ah ok, in game wait the Moment of save.. ! Later try to convert my adf with program you link me!
Another question pls, in another gotek the boot some Is ok and some see me an error can't open the hxc.....cfg, how Is possibile??

Sorry for my basic english...

πŸ˜…

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:52 am

Mandarancino wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:43 am
Another question pls, in another gotek the boot some Is ok and some see me an error can't open the hxc.....cfg, how Is possibile??
You may need to update the firmware :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

Mandarancino
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Mandarancino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:17 pm

I have the last firmware stable now, in my First gotek work fine...

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 pm

Mandarancino wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:17 pm
I have the last firmware stable now, in my First gotek work fine...
Where do you see the error message ? On the amiga screen ?

Mandarancino
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Mandarancino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Yes put selector on 000 for the menu and at the screen on boot when the firmware try to enter in the program of selection for the .adf see errore...

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Mandarancino wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:36 pm
Yes put selector on 000 for the menu and at the screen on boot when the firmware try to enter in the program of selection for the .adf see errore...
Have you used the latest config file and file selector ? :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... rmware.zip

Mandarancino
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Mandarancino » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm

I downloaded your zip but, how use this?

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6463
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: how saves in gaming??

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Mandarancino wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:26 pm
I downloaded your zip but, how use this?
Copy Config_Files/Autoboot_mode/HXCSDFE.CFG and File_Selector/Amiga/AUTOBOOT.HFE to the root of the usb stick.

Post Reply