Any suggestion "extracting" CP?M HFE and get the file in Windows10?

nickzhe

Any suggestion "extracting" CP?M HFE and get the file in Windows10?

Post by nickzhe »

Hi, first thanks for the good work!
After tweaking with the software and tried alot of disk formats, I finally got my trusty old word processor works with the gotek with HxC firmware.
but I still have a problem.
Here is the procedure of using the firmware.
everything in the manual. but having trouble make blank HFE, cuz I don't know what my 8088 cp/m based word processor 3.5 floppy drive use. but I use the image file from the package after the download, it works.
I will attach the file in this mail.
cuz I'm a writer,I love the simplicity of this machine and the big LCD display. I would like to use this machine for writing daily, I need to find a way to "extract" the HFE and get the files in it, to know if it contains raw text information for me to edit them on pc ms-word.
So is there a way I can get access to those files? I have no knowledge in coding or programming, tried 22disk, cmptools,etc, make me confused.
If you can give me some advice, it will be a lot of help.
thanks!
PS: You can add another machine that works with your brilliant work, the name: NEC 文豪Mini5H/PWP-50H(34 pin 3.5 DD floppy drive, strange, right?)
ALSO, I sent mails to your email but keep getting sent back, it's the email I left when I bought the firmware.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Any suggestion "extracting" CP?M HFE and get the file in Windows10?

Post by Jeff »

nickzhe wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm
Hi, first thanks for the good work!
After tweaking with the software and tried alot of disk formats, I finally got my trusty old word processor works with the gotek with HxC firmware.
but I still have a problem.
Here is the procedure of using the firmware.
everything in the manual. but having trouble make blank HFE, cuz I don't know what my 8088 cp/m based word processor 3.5 floppy drive use. but I use the image file from the package after the download, it works.
I will attach the file in this mail.
cuz I'm a writer,I love the simplicity of this machine and the big LCD display. I would like to use this machine for writing daily, I need to find a way to "extract" the HFE and get the files in it, to know if it contains raw text information for me to edit them on pc ms-word.
So is there a way I can get access to those files? I have no knowledge in coding or programming, tried 22disk, cmptools,etc, make me confused.
If you can give me some advice, it will be a lot of help.
thanks!
PS: You can add another machine that works with your brilliant work, the name: NEC 文豪Mini5H/PWP-50H(34 pin 3.5 DD floppy drive, strange, right?)
ALSO, I sent mails to your email but keep getting sent back, it's the email I left when I bought the firmware.
Thanks for the feedback.
Right now i think that cpmtools is the best option. For the moment you will have to convert back the HFE to IMG/DSK to use cpmtools.
btw can you share a HFE file for this machine ? I may add the Mini5H native support to the firmware.

nickzhe

Post by nickzhe »

Of course I would like to share the HFE file with you, but I can't attach it to the post, it says invalid file extension.And it seems my email was anti-spamed by your email. I got HFE for you and pictures of the machine inside and out. What should I do? My email address is the one I use to purchase the firmware and submit to this forum.

nickzhe

Post by nickzhe »

update: I succesfully copy the files using cpmtools under Mac OS X. Thanks for the help! Also don't forget to add my email to a white list so I can send you the files.It's probably a ibm-3740 file system.