2 digit Gotek

Paradoxic

2 digit Gotek

Post by Paradoxic »

Is the pcb on the 2 digit emulator the same as on the 3 digit, and compatible with HxC?
I have one sitting on the shelf, and could put it to good use if HxC can be loaded.
thx.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: 2 digit Gotek

Post by Jeff »

Paradoxic wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 pm
Is the pcb on the 2 digit emulator the same as on the 3 digit, and compatible with HxC?
I have one sitting on the shelf, and could put it to good use if HxC can be loaded.
thx.
yes all almost all gotek share the same mainboard base.

Paradoxic

Re: 2 digit Gotek

Post by Paradoxic »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Paradoxic wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:56 pm
thx.
yes all almost all gotek share the same mainboard base.
On inspecting the board, it is not quite the same as the 3 digit version I also have. There is an extra header near pin 34 of the ribbon connector, which has pins corresponding to the I2C header and pushbutton switches, presumably to facilitate connection to a remote User Interface.

However, I proceeded to flash this unit successfully, and add an OLED display. All is working with the 2 built in pushbuttons in my Yamaha EL90 organ after setting Custom Interface (pin2 = nDensity, pin 34 = nReady, for anyone else with ELx0 instrument . . . . . ELx00 uses PC Interface)

gotek2digit.JPG
gotek2digit.JPG (34.04 KiB) Viewed 2597 times