HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.8.0 Test 1 fail Garrison Disk 2 IPF to HFE rev3

Xiantrius

HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.8.0 Test 1 fail Garrison Disk 2 IPF to HFE rev3

Post by Xiantrius »

Englisch:

I have converted Garrison Disk 2 IPF with the latest software HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.8.0 in HFE Rev3.
Have also brought the firmware to the latest state and that the HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_4a.
Unfortunately, like last year, Garrison Disk 2 did not work.
I asked you to fix the problem.
I have invested money here only for the SD for about 100 €. Then the USB Gotek version, because the SD version is supposed to have a limitation and so far I have not even got an answer why this is so.
So I have at least 160 € altogether last year. Nevertheless, my request is not fulfilled.
Jeff you said yes you do it.
So far, I do not see it.
I can still remember that I played with the original Garrison disk on the Amiga 1200 back then. So you can not say the game is not running on the Amiga 1200.
Are there any ways that make this playable on a floppy disk?
Unfortunately I am disappointed, sorry.
I would like to ask for an honest answer and your word that this time you will stick to your words.
Are you going to solve the problem with the Garrison Disk 2?

Original in Deutsch verfasst:
Ich habe Garrison Disk 2 IPF mit der neusten Software HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.8.0 umgewandelt in HFE Rev3.
Habe auch die Firmware auf den neusten stand gebracht und zwar die HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_4a.
Leider ging wie letztes Jahr nicht die Garrison Disk 2.
Ich habe doch gebeten das problem zu beheben.
Ich habe hier Geld investiert erst für die SD für ca 100€. Dann die USB Gotek version, weil die SD version ja angeblich eine einschränkung haben soll und ich bisher nicht mal eine antwort bekommen habe dazu warum das so ist.
So ich habe mindestens 160€ insgesamt hingelegt letztes Jahr. Trotzdem wird meine bitte nicht erfüllt.
Jeff du hast gesagt ja du machst es.
Bis jetzt sehe ich nichts davon.
Ich kann mich noch ganz genau dran erinnern das ich damals mit der Originalen Garrison Diskette auf den Amiga 1200 gespielt habe. Damit du nicht behaupten kannst das Spiel läuft nicht auf dem Amiga 1200.
Gibt es tatsächlich wege die das spielbar machen auf eine Diskette.
Leider bin ich enttäuscht, sorry.
Ich möchte darauf bitte eine ehrliche antwort und dein Wort das du diesmal dich an deine Worte halten wirst.
Wirst du das Problem mit der Garrison Disk 2 lösen?

Best regards.
Xiantrius

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxCFloppyEmulator v2.1.8.0 Test 1 fail Garrison Disk 2 IPF to HFE rev3

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

As i said before, the HFEv3 still in experimental state, so issues are quite possible.
Other point : Some beta testers have found that some IPF dumps simply didn't work in emulators too !
So i have to check that this game is really working. For this i will have to write the image to a floppy disk with a Kryoflux and test it on the real machine.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Finally got this game working ! :

What i have done :

-> Regenerate a true floppy disk from the disk 2 IPF
-> Test it on the Amiga
-> Redump it and import it/convert again to HFEv3 directly from the KF streams.

-> Firmware : One sensible parameter have been tweaked into the firmware. This improve a lot some latencies but this can also generate other issues on systems with HD support, so i don't put it into the mainstream archive yet. a lot of tests must be done before this...

Here is the archive :

https://hxc2001.com/vrac/Garrison_II_HxCGotek.zip

use these hfe and update the firmware with the one present into this archive.

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

hi Jeff,

Englisch:
I have the DIskette 2 again very fresh in HFE rev3 converted. With the latest version. The firmware that you have me here for the test I've got over it.
I also tested your HFE.
Unfortunately, there was the same result for both.
He loads the floppy disk 2 and when he is almost done comes a red screen and then there is a software failure.
That was not the case with the right floppy disks back then.
By the way my old floppy drive was a DD drive and not an HD drive.

Original in Deutsch:
Ich habe die DIskette 2 nochmal ganz frisch in HFE rev3 umgewandelt. Mit der neusten Version. Auch die Firmware die du mir hier zum test geliefert hast hab ich drüber.
Auch deine HFE habe ich getestet.
Leider gab es das gleiche Ergebnis bei beiden.
Er lädt die Diskette 2 und wenn er fast fertig ist kommt ein roter Bildschirm und dann gibt es ein Software Failure.
Das war damals mit den richtigen Disketten nicht der fall.
Übrigends mein altes Diskettenlaufwerk war ein DD Laufwerk und kein HD Laufwerk.

Best regards.
Xiantrius

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Please use the HFEs and the firmware present into this archive :

https://hxc2001.com/vrac/Garrison_II_HxCGotek.zip

This work perfectly here with an Amiga 500 with 512KB of RAM.

BTW This game with 1MB of RAM on the very same the Amiga doesn't seem to work (same problem with floppies or the emulator). I will check again this.

Have you the floppy disks of this game ? Maybe you have another version ? Can you dump them ? Have you a kryoflux board ?

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

Englisch:
The problem is, the floppy disk 2 does not work anymore.
Yes, I have Kryoflux.
Do you know the tool SoftKick? This allows you to convert 3.0 and 3.1 to 1.3 from the kickstart temporarily. This is only possible with hard reset, or if you turn off power supply back to normal condition.
If you have a turbo card you have to deactivate it beforehand what is possible in my case.
Then I start the tool SoftKick and do that.
Then, as with the Amiga 500, the floppy disk symbol comes with v1.3 Kickrom.
For some games that works, as far as I know, and Garrison I started in that way, too.
For example, what does not work is what I know is Mega Lo Mania.
HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_4a_FSG.UPD is already installed.
There may actually be other Garrison game versions.
I once looked on the internet, there is the v1.02 I assume that I have the same. Unfortunately, according to the new tests, this is the same.
Really funny the whole well. Nothing is perfect.
I suspect that some other games are affected.
Now only the question remains open, is it really the game version, or the firmware or the software? I can start the IPF properly on the WinUAE, even if I use the Emulated Amiga 1200.
It's funny. Well and even so next to WinUAE is not 100% like the real Amiga even if you set the same setting as the Amiga 1200.

Original Deutsch:
Das problem ist, die Diskette 2 funktioniert leider nicht mehr.
Ja ich habe Kryoflux.
Kennst du das Tool SoftKick ? Damit kann man 3.0 und 3.1 in 1.3 umwandeln von der Kickstart vorübergehend. Das geht nur mit Hardreset, oder wenn man Netzteil ausschaltet wieder in normal zustand zurück.
Wenn man eine Turbokarte hat muss man sie vorher deaktivieren was bei meinen fall möglich ist.
Dann starte ich das Tool SoftKick und führe das aus.
Dann kommt wie beim Amiga 500 das Diskettensymbol mit v1.3 Kickrom.
Bei manchen Spielen funktioniert das, soweit ich weis und Garrison habe ich auch auf diese weise auch gestartet damals.
Was zum beispiel nicht so funktioniert ist was mir bekannt ist Mega Lo Mania.
HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_4a_FSG.UPD ist bereits installiert.
Vielleicht gibt es tatsächlich andere Garrison Spielversionen.
Ich habe mal im Internet geschaut es gibt die v1.02 ich gehe mal davon aus das ich die gleiche habe. Laut den neuen Tests, läuft das leider auf das gleiche hinaus.
Echt komisch das ganze naja. Nichts ist perfekt.
Ich vermute mal das auch manch andere Spiele betroffen sind.
jetzt bleibt nur noch die Frage offen, liegt es wirklich an der Spielversion, oder an der Firmware bzw. an der Software? Die IPF kann ich auf dem WinUAE einwandfrei starten, selbst wenn ich den Emulierten Amiga 1200 anwende.
Ist schon komisch. Naja und noch so neben bei WinUAE ist nicht 100% wie beim echten Amiga selbst wenn man die gleiche Einstellung setzt wie beim Amiga 1200.

Best regards.
Xiantrius

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

If possible reduce the ram size to 512KB.
and please make preservation stream of your disks with the Kryoflux.

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

As I mentioned earlier, the disk 2 is broken and it would not do any good to make this kryoflux, because if it is to be read, an error occurs when trying to read. the magnetic disk is defective
My Amiga have 2mb Ram and i Not Know How i can 512 kb ram use.
I can Skick use my Amiga have then 1,5mb RAM.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Xiantrius wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm
As I mentioned earlier, the disk 2 is broken and it would not do any good to make this kryoflux, because if it is to be read, an error occurs when trying to read. the magnetic disk is defective
Yes i know, but please try anyway : even if defective, i may extract some interesting stuff from the disks. Please read both disk in stream preservation mode.

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

Englisch:
I am really very sorry.
I put the apartment upside down for about an hour and had to remember that I most likely threw away my defective floppy disks at that time.
If I had known then that there would be Kryoflux and your project HxC. I would not have just given that up.
But I know exactly that we played earlier, especially my mother in her lifetime.
Most games live only as an image disk on my PC.

Original Deutsch:
Es tut mir wirklich sehr leid.
Ich habe die Wohnung ca 1 Stunde auf dem Kopf gestellt und habe dabei mich erinnern müssen, dass ich höchstwarscheinlich meine defekten Disketten weg geschmissen habe damals.
Wenn ich damals gewusst hätte das es Kryoflux und dein Projekt HxC geben wird. Hätte ich das nicht einfach aufgegeben.
Ich weis aber ganz genau das wir früher gespielt haben, vor allem meine Mutter in ihrer Lebzeiten.
Die meisten Spiele leben nur noch als Image Diskette auf mein PC.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok in this case try to recreate both floppies from the ipf files with Wildewutz + DTC, and try the floppy disks on your machine.

http://www.kryoflux.com/download/wildewutz_0.7zip

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

Englisch:
Hi Jeff,
I have connected the genuine floppy drive and applied Kryoflux.
Garrison 2 was successfully transferred.
Nevertheless, it was not solved. SKick loaded Disk 1, then Disk 2 was requested.
I inserted it. Here he says that he can not read the disk.
Note, both floppy disks are still fully functional and work 100% since they were freshly formatted without any problems.
At that time I had another floppy disk drive that did not work anymore due to a floppy disk. What I bought then on Ebay but is the same model as my predecessor. Reads only DD disks. I guess I had a different Garrison version.
If it really is only on the drive, I wonder why other games such as Captive etc ... were loaded, without error.
Unfortunately could not do anything.
Maybe you can try something with the firmware, otherwise the game would then at most only go on the Amiga 500, or with WHDLoad on the Amiga 1200.

Original in Deutsch:
Hi Jeff,
Ich habe das echte Diskettenlaufwerk angeschlossen und Kryoflux angewendet.
Garrison 2 wurde erfolgreich übertragen.
Dennoch, es wurde nicht gelöst SKick hat Disk 1 geladen, dann wurde die Diskette 2 verlangt.
Ich habe sie eingelegt. Hier sagt er das er die Diskette nicht lesen kann.
Hinweis, beide Disketten sind noch voll funktionsfähig und arbeiten zu 100%, da sie frisch formatiert wurden ohne probleme.
Ich hatte damals ein anderes Diskettenlaufwerk, dass leider durch eine Diskette nicht mehr funktionierte. Das was ich dann bei Ebay gekauft habe ist aber das gleiche model wie mein vorgänger. Liest nur DD Disketten. Ich vermute mal, ich hatte eine andere Garrison Version.
Falls es wirklich nur am Laufwerk liegt, wundere ich mich allerdings warum andere Spiele wie Captive usw.... geladen wurden, ohne Error.
Konnte leider nichts machen.
Vielleicht kannst du mit der Firmware was versuchen, amsonsten würde das Spiel dann höchstens nur noch am Amiga 500 gehen, oder mit WHDLoad auf dem Amiga 1200.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I confirm that this game doesn't seems to work with more than 512KB (loading stop at track 21 on the first disk)
With 512KB it works perfectly :
20180205_093940_small.jpg
20180205_093940_small.jpg (139.46 KiB) Viewed 4743 times
20180205_094002_small.jpg
20180205_094002_small.jpg (158.24 KiB) Viewed 4743 times