hxc software & gotek usb driver problem

jules

hxc software & gotek usb driver problem

Post by jules »

Hi gentlemen !

First post here, so hello to everyone and thanks in advance to the kind people who'll read my post ! :D
As an emax I, emax II, mirage, eps16+, asr-x & tx16w owner (all rack versions), i'm slowly moving towards usb/sd solutions for storage. I had no problems installing both gotek usb + scsi2sd in the emax II, but for any reason i'm having problems with the hxc floppy emulator software that keep saying "FTDI D2XX driver not installed" in the usb hxc floppy emulator settings & status dialog box. I think i have tried almost everything and searched the web for a few weeks without finding a solution to this problem. I'm on windows 10, with a usb gotek flashed with hxc that i bought on ebay, and some no name 4 gb usb keys. I launch the hxc software on w10, plug the usb key (the gotek is not connected to the computer), and can't find a way out. The sd thing seems to work find, although i don't have a lotharek to further experimentations. I found some .confg + .hfe files for the emax II on the interwebz, and put them on the usb stick and it's working, so i know it's not a usb stick problem.
Any idea welcome !

thanks for reading,

julien :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: hxc software & gotek usb driver problem

Post by Jeff »

Ignore this error. This is not for gotek drives.

What is printed on the gotek display ?

jules

Post by jules »

hello Jeff ! Thanks for responding that quick ! Not sure what you mean by gotek display. This is the unit i have, it's a basic 3 digit display :

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/ATARI-ST-AMSTRA ... SwBahVcH8s

The problem i have with the hxc software is that i'm unable to save any .confg file on the usb stick from the usb hxc floppy emulator settings window. Am i supposed to do it from the SD hxc floppy emulator settings, even if i have a usb gotek thing ?

thanks,

julien

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Display = the 3 digits screen. What can you read on it.
jules wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm
The problem i have with the hxc software is that i'm unable to save any .confg file on the usb stick from the usb hxc floppy emulator settings window. Am i supposed to do it from the SD hxc floppy emulator settings, even if i have a usb gotek thing ?
Yes exactly !

and btw many files are ready to be used into the firmware archive :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

jules

Post by jules »

Thanks for your help, jeff ! When i save a .confg to the usb stick, the screen show no number, just a minus sign : -
I found a .confg file that works but i just don't understand why rewriting it with the hxc floppy emu break it... Does the "load last floppy loaded" function have to be enabled ?
Quoi qu'il en soit merci pour ton aide !

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

jules wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:49 pm
Thanks for your help, jeff ! When i save a .confg to the usb stick, the screen show no number, just a minus sign : -
I found a .confg file that works but i just don't understand why rewriting it with the hxc floppy emu break it... Does the "load last floppy loaded" function have to be enabled ?
Quoi qu'il en soit merci pour ton aide !
And without stick ? What is displayed ?

jules

Post by jules »

Hi Jeff ! Sorry for the delay, i had a hard time at work and just coming back in the studio. With no usb stick, the gotek says "hxc".

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

jules wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:53 pm
Hi Jeff ! Sorry for the delay, i had a hard time at work and just coming back in the studio. With no usb stick, the gotek says "hxc".
Send me the files you are trying to use to : hxc2001 at hxc2001.com