Yamaha Clavinova and Gotek SFRM72-FU-DL

DanielDOC

Re: Yamaha Clavinova and Gotek SFRM72-FU-DL

Post by DanielDOC »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:22 pm
DanielDOC wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 pm

EDIT: Reflashed again with HXCFEUSB_V3_1_0_4a.UPD and in the same stick indexed HXCSDFE.CFG and DSKA0000.HFE and DSKA0001.HFE
Flashes finished and 000 appears, and I can select 000 and 001.
Good , normal behavior.
DanielDOC wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 pm
Clavinova not show anything on Disk Orchestra panel (like no diskette is present).
Power down Clavinona and... AGAIN HxC! Can't load anything.

Maybe some jumper wrong configuration?
No this sound like there is something wrong with the drive itself or with the usb stick. Sound like there is a bad contact/solder somewhere. Something with the usb path for sure.

The only needed jumper is S0 or S1. Nothing else. Remove all others jumpers.
JA jumper is present. I will open again and remove this.
Thanks again

EDIT: JA removed, working!!!

Now I have to make working "Disk Orchestra" section.

EDIT 2: change diskette ribbon cable direction and... "Disk Orchestra" section working!

Very happy! Thanks Jeff!!!!!!!!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok good.

One tip : if the green led always lit, reconnect the floppy ribon to the other way.

EDIT : just see your edit -- good then

DanielDOC

Post by DanielDOC »

New question:

With Clavinova I can record on 1,44 or 720 floppy's my piano tunes (rare because Disk Orchestra Collection only support 720k floppy's). I used lots of floppy's, once a black floppy was inserted then format menu appeared, and with this format I can record the tracks.

Please, I like to know how to create a "preformated" Clavinova blank floppy image to do this.

EDIT: SOLVED! I made a .HFE image with one midi file (.FIL) inside. Then in Clavinova I push format button with the result of this virtual floppy erased. Now I can record like in the past!