Flashing bootloader again

SilverGreen93

Flashing bootloader again

Post by SilverGreen93 »

Hi,

If I want to test multiple firmwares from different developers or go back to original Gotek and then come back to HxC, can the SerialBootloader be used to flash your bootloader again multiple times using the same account used to pay? (on the same Gotek device)

Thanks!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Flashing bootloader again

Post by Jeff »

No. Anyway these others firmwares are probably already present into the HxC Firmware archive in the UPD format. ("other" folder).
btw what is missing into the hxc firmware that push you to try these firmwares ? i would be happy to fix this if needed.

SilverGreen93

Post by SilverGreen93 »

Oh, I haven't noticed the "Others" folder.
I am not looking yet for something specific. Just wanted to know if I can flash your bootloader/firmware how many times I want or it is one time only.
Thanks!

tzok

Post by tzok »

Others folder contains some outdated builds of Flash Floppy (0.6.1a in the archive, current is 0.9.8a) and Amiga Cortex firmwares. Unfortunately license is for one time only flashing. If you change bootloader, and want go back to HxC you have to buy another HxC license :(

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I think that i will remove both of them. i didn't hear anybody trying/using these firmwares with the hxc bootloader. (you are just the first one complaining about the outdated version ! :lol: )

tzok

Post by tzok »

I'm not complaining, I'm just state the facts...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

tzok wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 pm
I'm not complaining, I'm just state the facts...
yes, will fix it !