Problem with flashing

pink

Problem with flashing

Post by pink »

Trying to flash the bootloader but for some reason i get to 50/100 on the serial bridge program and then status just shows as "syncing" and "50/100" whilst the TX and RX numbers keep increasing. Any ideas?

pink

Re: Problem with flashing

Post by pink »

I have tried restarting the flashing process multiple times, but it just keeps getting stuck at the same point. the red LED comes on at 49/100 and then the flash programmer sits doing "syncing" and "50/100". I have no idea what's going on

pink

Post by pink »

Ok, I fixed the issue by regularly disconnecting and reconnecting the TX line. Flash is now complete. Time to pop the firmware on a USB stick and use it :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok! Someone report me that changing the serial buffer size settings may fix these kind of issues.

pink

Post by pink »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:05 pm
Ok! Someone report me that changing the serial buffer size settings may fix these kind of issues.
I’m pretty sure the overall problem was due to a cheap shitty USB to Serial converter.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

pink wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 am
Jeff wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:05 pm
I’m pretty sure the overall problem was due to a cheap shitty USB to Serial converter.
Sure, but mainly related to the driver : a "blue screen" is only possible if the driver have a serious flaw...

alchemist

Post by alchemist »

Hi,

I had issues with Windows 10 64 bits and a chinese clone of a Prolific device (I use it to have a serial terminal on a raspberry pi, didn't know this was a clone). The official FTDI/Prolific drivers black-list now these clones, and I had to get an old version of the driver.
Finally, it worked fine through a Windows XP VM on that host.

I also tried with Wine on Linux, but the process didn't really start : some hundreds of data were transferred, but I never arrived to the .../100 process.
Kind Regards,
Xavier Miller

tzok

Post by tzok »

What speed are you using to flash STM32? From my experience with flashing "blue pills" and Gotek with Flash Floppy, 115200 bps doesn't work reliably. It is safer to use 57600 bps. I mainly use FTDI232R based adapter with a 3.3V output option (yet UART pins of STM32 are 5V tolerant) so I wouldn't blame it for problems.