How i can Writeprotect Image and other problem.

Xiantrius

Re: How i can Writeprotect Image and other problem.

Post by Xiantrius »

I still have a HxC Gotek Floppy Emulator.
Here I have the same firmware version on it.
There is the same problem and I doubt that it is attached to my Gotek drive. The 2 USB stick's are formatted in FAT32 and the problem is still there. I believe that since a firmware update needs to be, or a Autoboot update.

Vaklin

Post by Vaklin »

Jeff, if you plan to check read only capability one more time, my humble opinion is to use the "archive" bit instead of the "read only" one.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

For the long diskchange delay, try the new firmware version :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

I thank you very much about the update it's about the half better 5 sec delay are just inside that you can accept. :D :wink:

Now there is a problem. Apparently, I did not know. Since my originals or security cameras of my games was always a write protection on the disk slider.
The game Manchester United Europe requires a write-protection on the floppy, most of all I can not play this game via USB Gotek Floppy Emulator.
I show the screenshot as proof and load the HFE image extra high so you can see the Jeff.
It would be really nice to make an update to support the write protection.
Download Link: >>> Manchester United Europe <<<

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Tried here, and it is working !
SAM_2822.JPG
SAM_2822.JPG (143.98 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
Have you set your jumper to "S0" or "S1" ? This doesn't work if you set it to "MO".

Is your drive connected to the internal floppy connector ?

Can you retry with your accelerator board disabled ?

EDIT !!! : I have reproduced the bug : By immediate launch (F7 key) this is working, not by setting the slot. Will fix the selector !

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

I have my Gotek drive with the jumper on S0 pin plugged and runs following DF0.
What does MO mean?
I only know the meaning of S0 = DF0 and S1 = DF1.
When do I have to press F7?
Must Autoboot be loaded?

Edit:
Ok i understand now F7 is a keyboard for Autoboot.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Could you retry with this firmware. Disconnect all others drives for the system for the test !

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... WRTEST.UPD

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

Sry this Firmware is not Work.
1. The USB Gotek Floppy Emulator now simulates 4 drives at the same time, is that normal? Also the sounds I hear from all 4 drives.

2. Why do I get when I insert an image then over the workbench DF1: ???? DF2: ???? DF3: ???? ???
What is the meaning behind this?

3. Unfortunately, nothing has changed and I can still write, although the write protection is on the image file.

4. Since the firmware apparently failed I will play the previous version again.

Sry Jeff. if you deliver a nexte test version, I'm gladly ready to test this also.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Could you send me your cfg file to hxc2001 at hxc2001.com ?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Ok got the file, thanks !

You are using the wrong/old version of the config file.
Please use the CFG file present into the Next_WIP_Alpha_Firmware_And_Tools/HXCSDFE_Config_Files folder into the firmware archive :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

hi Jeff,

I have good news.
It was really my old cfg file.
Since I use the latest cfg with the firmware V3_0_25_1a not your test version of yesterday.
Does this now synonymous with the image, if they have a write protection, one can no longer simply write something on it.
With image without write protection can be described at any time. That's how it's supposed to be.

Now there is, but another problem.

1. Every time I want to change the write protection mode, I must always connect the USB stick to the PC and make the settings there.

2. I have to connect the USB stick back to the Amiga USB Gotek emulator and the image files of Fileselector which I have changed the write protection mode, so that the Amiga only then recognizes what the current setting is.

I wonder if you can not change the firmware.
ZB. If now the Amiga is running and the drive is connected to it could not update the firmware so that one then simply change the write protection mode over the 2 buttons which one then simultaneously presses?
So if the Amiga is just switched on you should still be able to update the firmware with the 2 buttons.
However in the correct running operation one could use the 2 buttons for the write protection mode, as with a real disk he should remove the disk first and then insert again with the changed write protection ON, or OFF.
This is how it works with WinUAE.
Is the firmware with Gotek drive also feasible?
That would be really great.

Probably I must then again take your test firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_1a_WRTEST.UPD?

EDIT:
I have the new firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_1a_WRTEST.UPD which you gave me yesterday to test given with the new cfg again tried. Unfortunately, the floppy disk drives DF1: ???? DF2: ???? DF3: ???? with the same problem. Do you want to try to run the Gotek drive on 4 drives at the same time?
Would be practical, but how do you realize this?

Best regards,
Xiantrius

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Xiantrius wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 pm
1. Every time I want to change the write protection mode, I must always connect the USB stick to the PC and make the settings there.

2. I have to connect the USB stick back to the Amiga USB Gotek emulator and the image files of Fileselector which I have changed the write protection mode, so that the Amiga only then recognizes what the current setting is.
i will add the possibility to change the write protection easily into the fileselector.

for the 2 buttons , there are already used to eject the disk. will see how to add this.
Xiantrius wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Probably I must then again take your test firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_1a_WRTEST.UPD?

EDIT:
I have the new firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_1a_WRTEST.UPD which you gave me yesterday to test given with the new cfg again tried. Unfortunately, the floppy disk drives DF1: ???? DF2: ???? DF3: ???? with the same problem. Do you want to try to run the Gotek drive on 4 drives at the same time?
Would be practical, but how do you realize this?

Best regards,
Xiantrius
Forget and don't use this version anymore. I have just release it to diagnose the possible source of the issue.

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

OK thanks you.
Then I will use the firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_25_1a again and wait for your new update. :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Xiantrius wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 pm
OK thanks you.
Then I will use the firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_25_1a again and wait for your new update. :)
HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_3a available ;)

Xiantrius

Post by Xiantrius »

hi Jeff,
The firmware HxCFEUSB_V3_0_26_3a is installed and no problems found, except for the 2 points which I have suggested to you as an idea.

Could you change the write protection also by keyboard shortcut of the Amiga?
For example, if you press the Amiga + space bar at the same time, or one after the other, or configure it yourself.
Provided you make an update. ;)
In the file selector, this is only the first step and the second with keyboard shortcuts.
If the keyboard shortcut does not go, I wonder how you could solve it otherwise?

I still remember the one with the Garrison 2, because you wanted to look at the disk 2 times. Is the problem already fixed?
I test the times, because I wait there for a few weeks.

Edit:
I have just tested it and the Disk2 still does not work properly.

Best regards,
Xiantrius