Korg 01/W - settings working.

Apek

Korg 01/W - settings working.

Post by Apek »

Just thought I would let anyone struggling with a Korg 01/W know. This is what worked for me.
Using a Gotek drive
Bootloader flashed as per instructions (btw it took me some to to realize that I didn't need to download the bootloader separately from the flashing utility - the utility finds the bootloader online)
The only jumper that needs to be on the drive is S0 (no JA, no MO - just S0)
Use the HxC utility to create one or more virtual "discs" on your USB (formatted to FAT32) MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE NAMING CONVENTION for the files - you can't just name them any old thing (see the Readme file included with the download package).
The format for the disc is the Korg format for DD discs - NOT IBM format (see the little dropdown menu in the lower left corner of the utility screen)
If you are creating a "blank" disc then when you put the USB in the HxC (Gotek) you will need to use the Korg to format it before you can use it - make sure to use the formatting screen on PAGE 2 of the Korg synth menu NOT the one on PAGE 4 (if you have the upgraded ROM - page 4 is for Standard Midi File only).

Hope that is of some help.

Todo123

Re: Korg 01/W - settings working.

Post by Todo123 »

So your Gotek is working on korg? What is your model?
Can you tell me how you do it?
I can do it on computer, but korg does not find any files. :roll:
I am using SFR1M44-U100K

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Todo123 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:35 am
So your Gotek is working on korg? What is your model?
Can you tell me how you do it?
I can do it on computer, but korg does not find any files. :roll:
I am using SFR1M44-U100K
with the hxc firmware yes, your model is compatible.

to get it : https://hxc2001.com/store/

Korgel01W

Post by Korgel01W »

The installation of the firmware for the Gotek SFR1M44-U100K worked without problems. I installed the Gotek in my KORG 01W, but i didn’t have success to make it work.
The original floppy was damaged an I have no possibility to get any origin files from disks. The only way ist to store the internal files from the korg to the usb stick, but this don’t work anyway.
I use the Gotek in the indexed mode, but i don’t know in which way I have to format a „virtual“ disk or a file for saving it on the stick. Many, many attempts were wrong. I’d stored a few test-files with the ending *.hfe, the 3 digits/7 segments display shows the files, I can switch up and down, but nothing else. If I try to format, save or load with the KORG, the KORG hangs up an I have to turn off and on.
Does anyone have any advice?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Remove the usb stick and tell me what is displayed on the gotek.

Korgel01W

Post by Korgel01W »

Jeff, thank you for your answer!

Without the stick it shows "hxc". With an fat32 formated stick ist shows "nor" and a stick with the "HXCSDFE.CFG" for indexed mode and other files like "DSKA0000.hfe" ist shows the three Digits. The green LED from the Gotek permanently lits, but that seems to be normal as seen in a few YouTube Demonstration-Videos for the 01W.

If I try to load, save or format with the 01W, the KORG freezes and I have to switch off and on.

I have no older disks, because the origin floppy crashed. I use the ChangeIt-Software for data Exchange (sys-Files). Although I want to try to activate the emulator, but I have no idea how to format a file which can be read, written or formated by the Gotek. Many, many tries using the HxCFloppyEmulator (Disk Browser, create a disk and Export an Image) were unsuccessful.

I don't know what to do or whats the mistake.

Greetings Tom

Korgel01W

Post by Korgel01W »

Dear Jeff, I found the mistake. The floppy cable has to be fixed upside down, then it works.

Greetings Tom

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Korgel01W wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:59 am
Dear Jeff, I found the mistake. The floppy cable has to be fixed upside down, then it works.

Greetings Tom
ok ! :)

Bigoneband

Post by Bigoneband »

Hi, I have a problem with my Korg 01WFD, I have installed HxC Flash floppy vers. 3.28..all ok..I put the oled display and the jumper on S0 in Gotek ... I formatted the USB pen drive in FAT32, with the MagicISO program I prepared the key by creating virtual disks of 1.44 Kb.
The gotek display writes Version 3.28 .... disk 1 .. but Korg 01w does not recognize the USB stick (disk error)
Help me ... I'm desperate
Greetings from Italy
Thanks
Raoul

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

You don't have the HxC installed on this Gotek. Please get and install the HxC firmware and then i will be able to provide support.
Please see : https://hxc2001.com/store/

sbanik

Post by sbanik »

Jeff wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:34 pm
You don't have the HxC installed on this Gotek. Please get and install the HxC firmware and then i will be able to provide support.
Please see : https://hxc2001.com/store/
My SFR1M44-U100 shows "000" when I power on my O1W/FD. I wanted to use the USB stick flash method to do the HxC bootloader installation, but this doesn't seem possible. Can anyone confirm if that is the case? Also, do I need to set the jumpers as described in an earlier post on this thread? I set no jumpers so far, but can if needed.