Link is up, Device not detected

s330guy

Link is up, Device not detected

Post by s330guy »

s330guy wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:19 pm
hey all, thanks to jeff and everyone who support this project. i'm trying to flash my gotek for use in a roland s330 sampler and cannot get the device to be recognized, niether on a windows 7 or a windows xp computer

i soldered the connections exactly as it is done in this tutorial: https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=43416

i installed the proper drivers for my usb adapter, i am using the same one as in this tutorial. device is not detected

i tried to attach some pictures but it says file too large? it is a 300kb picture(?)
s330guy wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:25 am
i should add that i am using the same gotek drive as instructed here for the roland s330: http://llamamusic.com/s50s550/DIY_page.html#usbfloppy

this is supposedly a version that will work with 720k disks. i notice the jumpers on it are different than the jumpers on the gotek in the hxc flash tutorial in the first post. maybe someone can clarify how to set the jumpers on the gotek before performing the flash?

also i am not clear on 'if it is not detected then short these two locations to reset'. can someone explain exactly what i am connecting to reset it (ie on the usb adapter or on the gotek)
:D i set the gotek jumpers like in the tutorial and everything is fine. mine had jumpers on JA and S0 and in the tutorial there was only one on S1

will report back on how it goes with the sampler(s)
Attachments
gotek jumpers.jpg
gotek jumpers.jpg (189.66 KiB) Viewed 5294 times
Last edited by s330guy on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s330guy

Re: Link is up, Device not detected

Post by s330guy »

update: this is worlds better than the original gotek. no more loading the image manually each time, just select the number and use the sampler to read/write/access. thank you! i will say the numbers change very quickly when pressing the gotek buttons now whereas they didn't before. one has to be lightning fast or the numbers jump

with the original gotek i had problems reading and writing and also crashing the sampler when moving between truncate/sampling screens on the s330. so i will need some time to see whether this has been solved, this was the main reason i got hxc. will report back with the findings, however, if all is good that would mean the web pages that recommend the original gotek with one of these samplers should be contacted(!)

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Link is up, Device not detected

Post by Jeff »

Remove the JA jumper, this is a button function with the hxc firmware.