Tajima 720K

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Tajima 720K

Post by Jeff »

dR_wH0 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 am
Great,

Bought the f/w, gonna test it out tomorrow and get back with awesome (hopefully) results :)

Cheers,
You shouldn't have any problem. Anyway if you got any issue, just ask some help !
(Tell me in the old drive brand and model name in this case).

Some tips :
User manual :
https://hxc2001.com/docs/gotek-floppy-e ... modes.html

Without lcd, use the indexed mode : rename the hfe file DSKA0000.HFE and use the Indexed cfg file.
Once the usb stick is inserted the the gotek should display "000" if the image is correctly loaded.

If the green led is always lit this probably means that the floppy must be reconnected to the other way.

With shugart drives the drive jumper should be set to S0.

Vlastimir

Post by Vlastimir »

Hello to all!
I bumped to your conversation and find out that you turned Gotek into your floppy unit on some model Tajima.
I have old Tajima TMEF-H612 and it was originally built without floppy support. What does it have is a centronix 36pi parallel LPT port (on machine) and I have no clue how to connect GOTEK on that port (the only available on machine). Please could you be so kind to help me find a way to understand GOTEK and if it can be of any help to me. Thanks in advance!

richard

Post by richard »

Thanks for the link, Jeff!
Yeah dude, there is so much fun with those bets. This website is a little slice of heaven for sure. That is truth, this place is the one. This is no joke.