Gotek on Hitachi 911 - worked with "normal" HxC

ggroke

Gotek on Hitachi 911 - worked with "normal" HxC

Post by ggroke »

Hi all,

I have a HxC rev. F working perfectly on a Hitachi 911 analyzer, emulating two floppy drives.

I tried to replace this emulator with two Goteks (as far as I know, it doesn't support multiple images just yet), but I'm having no success. The analyzer refuses to work with them.

On rev F, I use S950HD mode, is it possible to emulate with Gotek hardware? And how do I set this mode? Should I put the HXCSDFE file on the USB card?

Best regards,

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Gotek on Hitachi 911 - worked with "normal" HxC

Post by Jeff »

ggroke wrote: I tried to replace this emulator with two Goteks (as far as I know, it doesn't support multiple images just yet), but I'm having no success. The analyzer refuses to work with them.

On rev F, I use S950HD mode, is it possible to emulate with Gotek hardware? And how do I set this mode? Should I put the HXCSDFE file on the USB card?

Best regards,
This can't work, and even if it could i don't recommend this device for serious things (industrial or medical equipments like yours for example...).
There is missing a lots of electrical protections on this device plus others design flaws...

to play some old-school games on an 30 years home-computer this is more or less "ok", but not for what you intend to do with it...

ggroke

Post by ggroke »

I understand. Of course, I can see that Gotek design is as simple as it can, in order to keep the low cost, so it have only the necessary parts to do the job and nothing else...

I'll just keep my Hitachi with good ol' HxC revision F. :D

But I got curious, anyway... :?:

qdat

Post by qdat »

HI ggroke.
you say HxC rev. F working perfectly on a Hitachi 911 analyzer.
it work well?
i'm trying to replace panasonic JU-256A fdd.
thank you

ggroke

Post by ggroke »

Yes, works perfectly with HxC Rev. F. You must use the Akai S950HD mode.

It emulates both floppy drives. I'm using it on my 911 for some years now, flawlessly.

Best regards

qdat

Post by qdat »

thank for your information, ggroke.
i will order 1 HxC to replace for my H911.