HxC Firmware bootloader and Linux

Cld

HxC Firmware bootloader and Linux

Post by Cld »

For using HxC Firmware on a Gotek I understand that you need to put a specific bootloader using the "STM32_SerialBridge" program thru the UART bootloader of the STM32.

This program seem to be Windows only, a Linux version does exist ? Does the Windows version work on wine ?
Is it possible to get the bootloader and use a more standard stm32 flasher like stm32flash or stlink ?

Thanks for your work.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: HxC Firmware bootloader and Linux

Post by Jeff »

Cld wrote: This program seem to be Windows only, a Linux version does exist ? Does the Windows version work on wine ?
Windows only, but someone reported me that this is working with win.
Cld wrote: Is it possible to get the bootloader and use a more standard stm32 flasher like stm32flash or stlink
no sorry.

ldkraemer

Post by ldkraemer »

Cld,
If you create a Launcher on your Linux Desktop, and add the following stanzas, the SecSerialBridge
will at least execute in Linux. My wine Version is 1.6.2 on Debian 8.x - 32 Bit.

NAME: SecSerialBridge
Comment: SecSerialBridge
Command: wine SecSerialBridge.exe
Working Directory: /home/user/path/to/your/EXE/file

I added a Linux Dos Utility Icon to the Launcher. Once you mark the launcher as executable you can copy
it to the folder where SecSerialBridge.exe is located. It should run from there too.

You may have to create a symbolic link to one of the com ports if your USB Programmer is /dev/ttyUSB0 or
/dev/ttyUSBx, to get the port working. If you can't get it to work any other way, remove com4 and then make
a hard link to com4 from /dev/ttyUSB0. That will work, and once Linux is reset com4 will be back to normal.

I've got it running, I just haven't received my USB programmers yet. As soon as they come in I want to
purchase at least two firmware licenses for the HxC Firmware GOTEK's. At that point I'll know 100% if it
works to get the proper license.

Larry

LucaZraket

Post by LucaZraket »

Hi.... but I'm interested in the HxC firmware and would like to understand how the bootloader license works. Am I correct if I assume it can be installed on the same Gotek device as many times as I want/need?
If I purchase HxC and use it on a Gotek device but then decide to switch back to FlashFloppy, can I at a later point re-install the HxC bootloader (on the same Gotek device) that I purchased?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

I need to implement this at the server side. right now just ask me to reload a licence for the same gotek.

tzok

Post by tzok »

Good to know that, I did that once, and bought another license to go back to HxC :/

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:15 pm
I need to implement this at the server side. right now just ask me to reload a licence for the same gotek.
This is now done : I have updated the server to fix some issues and i have also added this feature.
You can now reprogram a Gotek how many times you want if a license is already attached to this Gotek and your account (=even if your license counter is currently at 0 !).
This feature is retroactive/available on all Gotek flashed with the HxC firmware since 2015.
The client software stay the same and you have nothing special to do, all is automatic.