Future upgrade?

chrispoacher

Future upgrade?

Post by chrispoacher »

Hi,
I know it's a long shot here, but would it be possible for a future Gotek HXC [indexed mode] firmware upgrade, to change to the 888 display to show the disk side [0/1] and track number [00-80] on this display while read/write accessing a disk image [hfe etc] ?? After a few seconds of read/write completed would then go back to displaying the disk index number 000-999.

Is this a possibility for a future upgrade Jeff ?? and is it possible at all? I see this is visible on the LCD in normal mode so who knows better than your good self if it's do-able . :0)

Chris.

:D

mondo1976

Re: Future upgrade?

Post by mondo1976 »

Not a bad idea! Good way to maximize use of the limited display, in my opinion.

namachari

Post by namachari »

Sounds like a great idea!

teevee

Post by teevee »

chrispoacher wrote:Hi,
I know it's a long shot here, but would it be possible for a future Gotek HXC [indexed mode] firmware upgrade, to change to the 888 display to show the disk side [0/1] and track number [00-80] on this display while read/write accessing a disk image [hfe etc] ?? After a few seconds of read/write completed would then go back to displaying the disk index number 000-999.

Is this a possibility for a future upgrade Jeff ?? and is it possible at all? I see this is visible on the LCD in normal mode so who knows better than your good self if it's do-able . :0)

Chris.

:D
Cool idea, but there is really only one person here on the forum who can answer that question! ;)...Jeff? :)

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Possible, but is it an good idea ? I bet that a lot of persons will complain of this.
On some machines the drive is polled all the time so the slot selection will be hidden all the time.